J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
We operate in more than 100 markets.
We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
Roles & Responsibility:
GRT (Global Research Technology) is seeking a well rounded hands-on technologist that is experienced in building applications that support the Investment Management investment cycle with the main focus on portfolio management and research functions. The candidate will be part of the development team that works closely with the Front Office users and Technology vendors and develops end-to-end solutions to assist portfolio managers on their day-to-day portfolio construction and risk management needs, help traders to improve trade executions and work with researchers to back-test and run their alpha strategies.
The candidate will be responsible for:
Should able to lead team of high performance developers and influence global decision from India. Should able to contribute individually along with leading the team.
Working closely with portfolio managers to develop portfolio construction/ optimization application.
Working closely with researchers to implement alpha model, risk models.
Designing and implementing the next generation of portfolio construction and portfolio analytics visualization tools
AM GRT (Global Research Technology) team is looking for a senior hands-on lead developer to join their Bangalore team. The candidate will be part of the development team that works closely with the Front Office users and Technology vendors and develops end-to-end solutions to assist client-facing analytics teams with the quantitative and qualitative investment review process
The successful candidate:
- Will be part of the high-caliber global development team that works closely with the Front Office users on end-to-end solutions
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, motivated by complex analytical problems
- Has to demonstrate interest in financial markets, and have ability to communicate directly with the business users
- Should be able to work individually or as part of a team to achieve project goals
- Will interact closely with the product strategy and marketing teams to deliver a brand new customer-centric platform
- 12yr+ experience and recognized on Java/J2EE and related tools/frameworks (e.g Spring, MyBatis etc.)
- Solid experience with SQL server (or other RDBMS), data modeling, and performance tuning.
- Strong architecture experience, familiar with backend service oriented architecture, micro services and cloud.
- Python/ Matlab experience is a plus.
- Big data stack – Hadoop/Spark and knowledge of Machine Learning is plus
Business Knowledge and others:
- Experience of working in financial services, in a front-office environment.
- Very pro-active, delivery focus, strong experience on Agile programming.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Deep understanding of cross assess classes markets and institutional investment process.
- Experience with market data feed/tools such as Reuters, Bloomberg, MarketQA, Factset.
- Statistical background is a plus.
- Portfolio Management background is a plus.
- CFA, MBA, and/or Financial Engineering degree is a major plus.