JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with
assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in
investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business,
commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A
component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves
millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most
prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan
and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan Chase’s Payments Technology Commercial Card group is looking for innovation-minded developers at our Chicago campus. We are seeking passionate technologists who want to grow their careers, influence next-generation payment platforms, and build software employing modern technologies and techniques.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack Java developer to join our team and participate in the design, development, and testing of new features and enhancements for a client-facing B2B virtual payments platform.
What’s My Title?
Is This a Job I Can Love?
You’ll love it if you’re interested in software development using new technologies and agile methodologies where you’ll work in a highly-collaborative environment with other technologists and business partners.
You'll be a member of a multi-discipline Agile Scrum team, working closely with other technology team members and business partners to define, design, and develop features for the advancement of a B2B payments platform
You will have an opportunity to develop across all aspects of broad technology stack including Java, Spring, Oracle, various web UI frameworks, messaging, and web services
- You will be supporting the team in evolving and improving agile development practices, automation, cloud and micro services adoption, implementing dev-ops practices, and building a resilient and scalable system
- You’ll learn and have an appreciation for different aspects of credit card processing and payments from both a technical and business perspective
- You’ll build and maintain working relationships with team members and stakeholders across the payments businesses and technology teams
What Education/Experience do I Need?
You’ll have at least 5 years of application development experience, with significant experience in Java, Spring, SQL, web services, and messaging
You will be familiar with common software design and system integration patterns
You will have applied modern software engineering and agile development practices, and be able to provide technical mentoring to more junior team members
Experience in full-lifecycle software development
Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment
You will have an appreciation for, and ideally experience with, designing and developing with security, operability, and maintainability in-mind
Competitive pay; excellent benefits; a performance-based incentive program; opportunity for company advancement
Dynamic, innovative, and collaborative modern technology hub location in Downtown Chicago
What Are My Hours?
Standard 5-day work week.
Do I Have an Edge Over Other Candidates?
Yes, if you have deep experience as a developer, have interest in understanding the business aspects of technology platforms, like to take ownership and drive solutions, and have experience with agile development and/or development within a financial institution.
Ideal Personality Traits
Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are required; expert interpersonal skills; confidence to participate in planning sessions that outline IT solutions that reach business goals.
Please Apply If...
If you enjoy varied responsibilities and IT projects in a fast-paced, ever-shifting environment
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree with 5+ years of experience with the full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise Java and web applications using Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JMS, and web services
- 3+ years of experience using SQL and building data-driven applications atop Oracle or other relational database platforms
- 5+ years of experience supporting and debugging Java applications running in a Linux, Apache, and Tomcat environment
- Experience with developing software using scrum or agile methodologies
- Experience with test-driven development and test automation tools
- Experience with performance testing and tuning
- Experience with cloud-based applications
- Banking and/or financial services industry experience