J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
We operate in more than 100 markets.
We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
As an Application Developer, your primary responsibilities will include execution of application development and technical support by following the software development lifecycle processes that will include interacting with business liaisons, business users and different technology groups on an on-going basis, developing technical design documents, analysing potential risks/benefits in using a specified solution to address the business requirement, coding, and unit testing.
Incumbent will also participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
- BS or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 7+ years combined experience in Business Application Development, Application Delivery, Architecture, Design and Project Execution
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Performance tuning and trouble shooting experience.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of installed applications and successful IT project delivery.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on Java development in enterprise frameworks like JSF, Hibernate, Spring.
- Minimum 4+ years of Pega PRPC experience preferably latest project in version 7.
- Experience in all phases of software development including design, configuration, testing, debugging, implementation, and support of large-scale, business centric and process based applications
- Experience integrating third party products/code with proprietary components
- Experience with progressive development practices and tools (e.g. unit testing, static code analysis, continuous integration, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Oracle, Sybase or SQL Server, including complex SQL queries, stored procedures and DBA-level skills such as table/index creation and query performance optimization
- Experience with Agile, Iterative and Waterfall development methodologies
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed team across multiple time zones
- Experience with mission critical applications in the financial industry will be a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.