This role is for a senior application support engineer in the global Market Intelligence Technology Core Support team within the Market Data Services organization. The role will focus on supporting a tick store platform, which consists of high performance Linux systems, direct exchange feeds, and a market data platform that is based on the KDB and One Market Data product suite. Qualified individual must have exceptional troubleshooting skills and will be a senior member of a team that is accountable for implementing and maintaining a tick store platform that service various lines of business within the investment bank.
Individual must work well in a team environment and is responsible for leading efforts such as monitoring the production environment, implementing production changes, providing resolutions to production issues, communicating and interacting with lines of business on issues or outages, and developing tools to streamline and improve production processes.
Key elements of role:
- Able to work well independently and collaboratively with others in delivering thorough results to assigned projects, tasks, production incidents and troubleshooting efforts.
- Able to partner well with technology teams across functions and regions to achieve desired outcome
- Strong desire to share knowledge, ideas and solutions with immediate team as well as teams across disciplines.
- Acts as a positive member of the team that is capable of engaging in deep technical discussions, accepting different point of view and drive forward to develop agreed upon solutions
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems relating to Linux systems, market data feeds, real-time/historical tick databases, network and applications.
- Pay attention to details and have strong analytical skills. Anticipates issues and deals with them proactively.
- Promptly and proactively respond to user inquiries and can multi-task and work well under high pressure situations
- Communicate and interact effectively and efficiently with lines of business on issues or outages
- Adheres to operational and technical standards, best practices, processes and procedures (problem/change/release/request/procurement management; incident/service/time reporting)
- Understands the need to be client focused and build strong relationships across the organizations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years in the investment banking industry with extensive experience in supporting a production market data distribution environment based on KDB and/or One Market Data platform
- Extensive experience in managing a production environment and disciplined in following established protocol for release management, change management and incident management.
- Extensive experience in a large LINUX (RedHat) based environment and in troubleshooting complex system problems. Familiarity with kernel fine tuning parameters
- Strong scripting experience in Perl or Python (both is a plus)
- In-depth knowledge of supporting a large KDB and/or One Market Data platform that processes and store high volume of market data across asset classes
- Experience working with exchanges and direct feeds, such as UTP, CTA, OPRA, NASDAQ TVITCH, ARCA, BATS and Market Data Intermediaries (i.e. Reuters and Bloomberg)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring system, such as ITRS Geneos and similar products
- Good understanding of NUMA architecture based systems
- Familiar understanding of the TCP/IP stack, various routing delivery mechanisms, and switch and routing topologies
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.