CIB Marketing and Communications Analyst
J.P. Morgan is seeking a CIB (Corporate Investment Banking) Marketing and Communications Analyst to support social media. This position is based in New York.
The CIB Marketing and Communications Analyst will support the social media team to design visual content, write social media posts, manage editorial calendars, monitor firm-owned social media channels, escalate reputational issues, and report on social media analytics. Seeking a highly creative communicator with sound judgment, skilled in graphic design and editing skills, experienced writing short form content who consistently follows emerging technology trends, and has a passion for social media.
This candidate has experience in campaign building, paid media, and agency management.
• Design, edit and produce visual content for social media channels
• Manage and draft editorial content calendars for social media campaigns
• Write copy in brand voice across platforms
• Support the J.P. Morgan team in community management across platforms
• Advise stakeholders on best practices and campaign/content optimization
• Advise on paid media recommendations based on client needs/goals
• Monitor brand mentions, escalating reputational issues as necessary
• Collaborate with legal, compliance, and controls to mitigate risk and ensure proper governance
• Understand social media metrics in order to track results and provide recommendations
• Effectively communicate on project timeline, status and results
• Brainstorm and execute innovative new social strategies, test new strategies, and expand social media opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-4 years’ experience
• Adobe Creative Suite proficiency (comfortable making graphics, charts, gifs primarily in Illustrator, Photoshop; After Effects is a plus)
• Experience managing brand social media content
• Experience managing editorial calendars across social media channels
• Experience with social media monitoring and management tools for social listening, publishing, and reporting. (i.e. Sprinklr, Spredfast, Radian6, Hootsuite, Twitter Analytics, LinkedIn Analytics, etc.)
• Experience managing paid social media campaigns desired
• Passion for social media, PR and digital marketing
• Confidence to pitch fresh ideas, think creatively, and identify and solve problems
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
• Team player with enthusiastic attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Eager to learn, contribute, and make an impact.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Agency experience a plus
• Video production experience a plus
• Financial Services background/experience a plus
Should you be considered for this role, applicants will be asked to provide design and social media writing samples.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.