Chase is the U.S. consumer and community banking (CCB) business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships. Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
Chase CCB (Consumer & Community Banking) is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
The online and mobile channels for Chase CCB currently support more than 32 million active customers; 9 million customers interact with us daily, making Chase the most visited banking portal in the US. Within Consumer and Community Banking, the Digital IT team is responsible for setting and executing strategies that align with business objectives and drive innovation across Chase Online and Mobile, helping to establish the best Digital banking customer experience in the industry.
The CCB Digital Business Services team, is chartered with managing and directing the business services supporting major externally facing application components (web and native mobile apps) focusing on the discipline of functional delivery in the area of customer login, enrollment, product enrollment, and data sourcing across the JPMorgan Chase & Co. enterprise.
SM - Scrum Master
PO - Product Owner (ADM/Application Owner)
Scrum Master Core Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the Scrum process (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint reviews & retrospectives)
- Identify and remove impediments to deliver the product/platform goals and deliverables
- Manage team to address production code fixes for the platform as part of the dev backlog
- Ensure that smooth release processes (release view/planning) are maintained with the release management & QA
- Manage defect backlog including working with product management to prioritize and defer defects
- Facilitate communication within the team and with key stakeholders
- Participate along with PO to implement and execute disciplined product backlog including communication, estimation and impact to scrum team and testing team
- Responsible for establishing schedule and process for product/iteration demo’s and facilitate across scrum teams
- Responsible for keeping Jira up to date and provide sprint reports (backlog, burn-down, and velocity) to program team members across work streams and coordinating cross-scrum team communication, issue resolution, and integration defect triage (Scrum-of-Scrum)
- Facilitate with architecture and engineering teams in distributed locations to drive planning, issue resolution, and development on platform & project specific technical topics
- Partner with dev lead to do capacity planning & resource allocation in Clarity and other time tracking tools
- Work with PO to track and address production issues for the platform
- SM should follow the servant-leadership style of management
- Act as an advocate for the platform and escalate related issues
- Additional duties include coaching and advocating for Agile practices within the team and throughout the company, working to advance the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and facilitating active dialogue between team members.
- Proactively follow-up to address gaps