JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
• Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
• Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
• Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
• Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
• Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
WorkForce Technology (WFT) is the central steward for the design, build, and asset management for the firm's Human Capital technology across all lines of business and global regions. JPMorgan is competitive across the financial services industry in our workforce strategy capabilities. In partnership with our HR business partners and service providers we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients - JPMorgan employees. HRT provides technology support for staffing and on-boarding, employee records, payroll, talent management, compensation, benefits, learning, employee and manager service, workforce planning and analytics, and back office call center operations.
The ideal candidate will possess strong architecture, data analytical & development skills along with exceptional leadership. The candidate must have proven successes in development and architecture. Beyond excellent data and architecture skills, the ideal candidate will be an innovative, commercially inclined to create genuine business value through the alignment of technology, data and business interests.
This role is for a Lead Applications Developer to work across the development lifecycle for new business process, existing business process changes and system modifications and upgrades. Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Produce detailed technical specifications from functional requirements and liaise with the business analysts and projects team on the design and technical implementation of solutions
• Analysis/Design/Development/Testing of the application
• Post implementation support
• Perform System and data analysis
• Work with various HR & JPMC functional groups to analyze business needs to provide appropriate, innovative, and cost effective solutions
• Evaluate technologies for inclusion in forward-looking technology strategies
• Assist development teams with design and product architecture
• Analyze technology issues and propose short, mid and long-term solutions
• Assist in scalability & capacity planning
• Work with other senior technology leaders to propose technical solutions and help craft architecture & technology roadmap
• Work with internal and external customers on technical solutions
• Assist in process development for the technology organization
• Work with team of application developers for development
• 14+ years of relevant experience in enterprise application’s design, coding, testing.
• Strong software engineering background, solid understanding of application development and related technologies.
• Other technologies: Cassandra, Scala, MyBatis/iBatis, Mule/MAF.
• Working experience using Application/Web servers such as FAST AS/Tomcat, IIS, Apache Web Server.
• Experience in UI development is required.
• Experience handling team of developers.
• Experience designing and using distributed technologies
• Experience designing infrastructure
• Experience in large-scale solutions
• Experience implementing component based, service enabled architectures
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast moving environment.
• Strong communication skills along with a team-oriented attitude
• Knowledge on Windows/Linux operating system
• Knowledge of both Java and .Net technology programming skill is preferred.
• Working experience on tools like Maven, ant, Eclipse
• Good knowledge of database is required
• Work with team across location
• Driven by passion and energy, go getter and self-motivated
• Mentoring and guiding other team members whenever required
• Conduct design and code review to ensure the application adheres to the firm standards
• Provides design recommendations, developing and integrating programs per written specifications
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Engineering or related field of study
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.