JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Corporate Technology (CT) (Finance) is responsible for the development & maintenance of the firm's Financial Application platform, providing services in mainframe, mid-range, client server, and web-based technologies.
The EMEA/APAC/NA Regulatory Reporting Production Support team, which helps manage and support a number of the regulatory reporting applications in the region, has an open position for an application support role.
The role of the Application Support Lead is to manage and support Regulatory applications globally. The person would need to have very good analytical and problem solving abilities, Hands on to the application and be a team player, control the uprising situations and communicate to the management and escalate to the stakeholders while discussing problem statement or possible solutions.
The responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Application Support ETL/Axiom applications
- Incident management and problem resolution
- Coordinate with client and support teams on issues.
- Pro-active monitoring for issues
- Analysis of the problem statement and suggest solutions.
- Problem solving abilities
- Communicate with all stakeholders on problem statement, possible solutions, intermediate issues and overall status of work assigned.
- Analysis and presentation of the issues and changes to the systems(s).
- Technical and functional ownership of the applications.
- Coordinate with Build teams for all changes, documentation and handover.
- 7+ years of overall experience, with good knowledge in production support of financial applications
- Knowledge of incident / problem management
- Comprehend the SLAs defined and adherence to the same
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Root cause analysis and follow-ups to ensure issues are not repeated
Technical skills essential for this role are:
- ETL (Abinitio)
- Oracle (v9i/10/11)
- PL/SQL Stored Procedures support/development
- UNIX file management and shell scripting
- MS Office applications
- ClearCase version control software
- Autosys/Ctrl-M scheduling package
- Axiom vendor software
Interpersonal skills essential for this role:
- Client focused
- Proactive, adaptive, independent and self-managing
- Effectively adapt to necessary changes in work requirements, roles and responsibilities
- Show respect and appreciation for clients' and colleagues' opinions, time, and effort regardless of position, role, and background
- Voluntarily seek opportunities, activities or responsibilities that add value
- Deliver accurate, thorough and high quality work
Additional skills essential for this role:
- Good written and oral communication at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time
- Advanced and demonstrable problem solving / analytical skills
- Ability to understand, adhere to and suggest improvements to internal IT control policy and industry best-practice