Global Payment Strategy – Product Manager (Virtual Account Management) – VP
Location – London or Bournemouth
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
About the Team
The Global Payment Strategy Product Management Team is responsible for product strategy, development and commercialization of both high and low value payments services that J.P. Morgan delivers to Financial Institution, Non-Bank Financial Institution, Corporate and Commercial Bank clients globally. These services include Direct Clearing as well as Correspondent based settlement solutions to the client. Given the geographic footprint of the payment businesses, services and clients that the Global Payment Strategy deliverables will support, the team is deployed globally across the WHEM, EMEA and APAC regions. The team is also responsible for the long term wholesale payment strategy of growing markets, payment capabilities, and client services globally for all client segments.
This ambitious program includes enhancing current payment platforms, enhancing client value proposition and introducing industry-leading innovative products for the bank. The Cash Management market is going through an exciting period – clients now demand simple and automated reporting tools for complex International accounting structures and payments. Virtual Account Management (VAM) sits firmly in this space and provides not only sub-ledger reporting capabilities but also has the potential to provide a great alternative to some of the complex cash management and liquidity challenges faced by the firm’s clients.
About the Position
GPS – VAM Product Manager is a regional role and comes with a responsibility for building and managing on-behalf-of payments and receipts in virtual account management proposition. The product is in the build phase and the product manager is expected to build a strong client experience model and operating ecosystem for the product in EMEA. Product Manager will be support to the Senior Manager in expanding the product to new payment regions and client segments.
In addition, Product Manager will keep up to date with all market and regulatory items impacting the product across different market segments, and assure day to day programs and service models are managed.
The role includes extensive collaboration with Sales, Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance and Legal.
- Documentation and approvals for new business initiatives planned including launch activities.
- Contribute to enhance the current implementations, operations and service model into a state of the art value proposition for the product.
- Design the process flows for transactions and query management. Bring in process efficiencies and automation in the operating and service models.
- Anticipate internal and external factors impacting the product build, implementing plans to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- Deep understanding of different clearing systems in EMEA.
- You will be able to demonstrate your proven product management experience within a Wholesale, Investment or Commercial bank, preferably in cash management or payments space.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you are a strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and drive tactical execution.
- You will be able to give examples of presentation and influencing skills
- Extensive treasury management, payments product management experience and knowledge of domestic clearing systems of International geographies a plus
- Solid track record of success in implementing large-scale transaction banking initiatives
- Exposure to project management methodologies
- Experience with and/or prior collaboration with Control teams – Risk, Legal, Compliance, Operations and Service
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
- Superior presentation and communication skills, can sell self and ideas
- Ability to proactively distribute thought expertise
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suite of applications – solid hand on latest presentation tools and making creative presentation slides
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing date: 26th October, 2017