This role is for a test automation and java application developer to work in the technology team at JPMorgan. You will join a high performing, self-managing team of passionate and experienced developers working in an Agile feature team to develop the strategic data platform supporting multiple asset classes.
Specifically the role requires you to:
• Assist with design, development and implementation of test strategies and tools
• Identify Test Environment requirements
• Understand requirement and design documentation and identify test scenarios for functional testing for a cross asset data platform.
• Automate test scenarios using Selenium / Fitnesse
• Perform Manual & Automation test execution
• Achieve comprehensive test coverage by understanding the test scope and approach of dependent testers
• Perform root cause analysis to identify and recommend test scope and test approach improvements
• Strong multitasking skills
• Responsible for defect management including monitoring and reporting using JIRA
• Work with application development teams to ensure testability of functions and applications.
• Participate in cross-functional discussions to review the impact of application changes from both internal and external interfaces.
• Identify areas for improving efficiency, shortening of test cycles, and automation of test scripts
• Interact with internal customers both onsite and remotely
• Contribute to maintenance of Regression test script library
• Interface with different resources in the workspace including development, business and analysts teams.
• Assist Application Developers and technical support staff in identifying and resolving defects
• Must be able to pitch in design / development tasks
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills being able to communicate effectively
• Bachelors or Masters Degree - preferably in Computer Science
• Must have automation skills
• 3+ years of experience in building and maintaining test automation frameworks.
• Strong knowledge of test automation frameworks specifically Fitnesse
• Strong programming background.
• Strong experience in applying Test driven development techniques (jUnit, Fitnesse, Selenium or similar tools), Continuous Integration and Deployment practices and tools (Jenkins or equivalent, Maven, Git-Stash/SVN, developer efficiency tools).
• Solid experience in automation technologies, tools, and frameworks: Fitnesse, UFT, JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, LISA virtualization, LISA automation, SOAP UI, Cucumber .
• Experience working in Agile teams, ability to focus and grasp business concepts and convert them to technical requirements and acceptance criteria.
• Very strong written and oral communication.
• Experience working on Unix.
• Strong SQL knowledge.
• Passionate about technology, problem solving, learning new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge.
• 5+ years’ experience working in a financial services environment with a strong focus on data platforms
• Experience in application testing and monitoring frameworks – Fitnesse, jMeter, AppDynamics, LISA, QTP, Geneos, Selenium, PhantomJS etc.
• Application development experience with any one of the coding skills: Java Script, Java, J2EE
• Working knowledge of SQL and Java and a scripting technology (i.e. Python, Ansible).
• Previous experience with various products across the investment banking business.
3+ years of experience in the following technical areas:
• Development or test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium, SOAP-UI, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc.).
• Platforms/OS/Servers (e.g. Linux/Unix, Apache, Tomcat, etc.).
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.