JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Corporate Human Resources plays an integral role in designing, implementing, and managing global initiatives across the firm. The functional areas within Corporate HR include global Recruiting, Training, Talent and Development, Career Management, Diversity, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Technology, Finance and HR Service Delivery ( HRSD). Our Human Resource professionals within these areas are among the most talented and innovative in the industry. They take a proactive approach to identifying and proposing solutions to organizational challenges, often working side by side with business managers to attract, manage and retain high-potential talent. Through a focus on continuous improvement and long-term success, Corporate HR helps refine our corporate culture, define our firm wide vision and reinforce our reputation as a world-class employer.
The role of the HR Business Partner is to help drive the HR strategy and provide generalist support across the Corporate Technology organization (CT). The individual will partner with various areas of the organization to execute on a variety of HR activities including talent and performance management, compensation and promotions, recruiting learning and development, employee relations and diversity initiatives.
As the HR Business Partner for the CT HR team, primary responsibilities of this hybrid role will be a trusted advisor to various functions within CT, through partnering with HR specialist functions to deliver the best solutions to our clients. In addition, the individual in this role will be responsible for managing and analyzing people related data as well as managing various projects to support the Lead HR Business Partner.
This role requires a strong focus on the firm’s culture and values, a risk and control mindset with the ability to apply sound and independent judgment to HR issues. This is an exciting role that offers the opportunity to contribute to the development and execution of the broader Technology people agenda. The successful candidate will have a track record in working well under pressure in fast-paced environments with an excellent level of attention to detail in every aspect of their work.
- 3-5 years of generalist or other HR experience, preferably at a financial services firm
- Excellent communication skills with a consultative approach in client facing situations
- Strong analytical skills with a high proficiency in managing data and the ability to analyze/"tell the story"
- Knowledge of human resources policies, processes, principles, concepts and methodology
- A strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to build solid relationships and work well in a team environment
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other HR Solutions