J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Corporate Finance Investment Projects group is responsible for the delivery of the target financial architecture for Global Finance.
One of the key programs in support of the delivery of the target financial architecture is the External Reporting Program. This program supports multiple initiatives to improve the controls and efficiencies associated with the Firm’s reporting to the regulators. One of the key projects in this program is the US Regulatory Reporting project which is a multi-year effort and will encompass the implementation of the Axiom vendor solution for critical regulatory reports. The business analyst will report to the overall project manager and will be responsible for supporting the various business deliverables for a given release of the regulatory reporting delivery.
Work with the project manager, workstream leads, our clients (Corporate Reporting and impacted lines of business) and the Axiom vendor to:
- Support the collection / documentation of all business requirements
- Assist with the analysis associated with the tactical solution of getting reports onto Axiom via mappings of output files into the reporting line items in Axiom.
- Assist with the analysis associated with a given product(s) to understand all required data elements / attributes across the critical regulatory reports targeted for Axiom implementation
- Support the documentation of current and future state process flows
- Support the identification of any instances of change and impact to any operating models. Update existing operating model procedures/documents or create new ones where necessary
- Contribute towards identifying the overall testing strategy, test cycles, etc for the release
- Assist with the creation of test cases, execute and document results
Technical Skills & Knowledge
Experienced business analyst working with project teams to support large project delivery.
Experience working on efforts with a structured Project Life Cycle
Experience working through entire project life cycle (initiation through implementation)
Experience with supporting workstreams with documenting and validating business requirements, functional specifications, system and data flows (current and future state)
Experienced Microsoft Office user, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Business processes and finance operating model and associated interactions with LOB operations.
- Finance business function, processes, methodologies & technology platform.
Communication with good relationship management & stakeholder engagement skills.
Accounting / Finance / Project Management background.
Axiom reporting tool experience a plus
Proven delivery track record.
Knowledge of the full range of finance functions including financial reporting processes.
Initiative, proactive approach, ownership, responsibility – must be self starter and able to manage relationships across split locations.
Clear, concise oral & written communication skills.
Attention to detail.
Judgement; reasoned, balanced decision- maker
Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification
• Background in Financial Accounting with strong accounting skills preferred.
• 15 years professional experience; including 1+ years of project experience
• Willing to work in night shift.
• Strong data mining, problem solving, & analytical skills with ability to summarize findings
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks. Ability to learn and respond on the fly.
• Proactive, independent and self-managing
• Partnership oriented and Team player with ability to communicate with all staff levels within and outside of own area
• Organized & Detail Oriented
• Must be able to manage activities against a project plan and time line
• Proficiency with standard desktop applications including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Access
• Familiarity with SAP and/or Oracle ERP systems and JPMC financial processes a plus