J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets & Investor Services. The CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
This role is responsible for transforming ideas and concepts into copy for use across ads, campaigns, thought leadership, articles, etc. The successful candidate will work with the client marketing and digital / social teams to deliver text to accompany assets ranging from story boards, articles and headlines, email subject lines, social media posts, and more. S/he must be comfortable both short and long-form content and editing copy for consistency of brand tone and voice. S/he must have a clear understanding of how to repurpose copy for use across distribution channels.
• Pitch and produce articles, reports and other pieces of text for distribution internally and externally with the audience in mind
• Analyze and interpret findings from technical documents for a general audience
• Reduce dense research reports and white papers into digital-friendly formats
• Uncover newsworthy stories. Interview senior business leaders and clients as needed
• Write, edit and proofread content across a wide variety of media, including brochures, thought leadership pieces, headlines, video storyboards, etc.
• Write effective copy aligned to brand strategy for a variety of client segments (asset managers, institutional investors, treasurers, etc.)
• Ability to partner well across business and work closely with Legal and Compliance, Creative teams, etc.
• Stay up to date on relevant financial and global affairs and perform research on various topics as needed to write timely, relevant articles
• Contribute to content idea generation for editorial calendar flow
• Produce original, clear and creative ideas/messages
• Synthesize strategic messages into cohesive, compelling client presentations
• Partner with internal colleagues and external agencies to refine copy stylistically and for consistency of tone/voice
• Work with legal and clients to obtain clearance for all content
• Help manage version control and effectively monitor content quality in production
• BA in journalism, communications or related field
• 5+ years experience editing, proofreading and feature article writing
• Proven work experience as writer or reporter
• Deep understanding of tone and voice and how to adapt both for social media, web, and mobile, as well traditional channels
• Expertise in SEO best practices
• Comfort working under tight deadlines
• Ability to work on multiple high-priority pieces simultaneously
• Superior writing skills in English
• Ability to turnaround timely articles within given timeframes
• Flawless accuracy in terms grammar and information
• Good observation skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Excellent presentation skills
• Word and Powerpoint expertise required.
• Experience with content management tool (e.g. Contently, etc) preferred
Sample work must be provided.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.