J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
CIB has a strong belief that the future of our infrastructure is on cloud. As part of this vision it has already begun building the ‘bridge’ to access public cloud in addition to a private cloud for specific workflows. Significant engineering challenges remain in 1) driving the architecture of our public cloud and enabling the best possible developer experience allowing teams to focus on building world class financial applications 2) assisting our developers migrate existing to the cloud and build new applications in a cloud native way.
To assist in both these challenges CIB has established a Cloud Engineering function with responsibility for leading these architecture activities in close partnership with the developer community. Within this small organization we require a number of experienced people to be our CIB Cloud Engineers. This is a critical role and will lead to significant transformation across the CIB.
The role of the Cloud Engineer is to work with the developer community to enable applications to migrate to the cloud. This includes interactions throughout the migration, starting with cloud suitability and business case, design, and all the way through to implementation.
Success for this role is defined by a simple criteria: what business value did we enable via cloud adoption, and did we advance the quality/stability/control of our environment and the developer efficiency.
Cloud Adoption Engineering:
- Ensure alignment of cloud adoptions with the value propositions and our capabilities, i.e. are we migrating the right applications/workloads at the right time to maximize benefits
- Work with application lead engineers to solve the problem of how to migrate existing applications to cloud (make cloud friendly), and for new applications how to design them directly onto the cloud
o Balance engineering factors and business value and time horizons
o Work on design with team, and crisply and quickly articulate architecture for other stakeholders
o Identify missing cloud features and any other constraints and work to get them enabled/built
o Design solutions to meet application control requirements
o Assist in designing workflow and developer SDLC/automation to gain the most from cloud
o Support and transfer cloud engineering expertise to developers
- Bachelor/Masters in computer science/computer/electrical engineering/maths/physics
- Must have been a software engineer at some point in recent career. Ideally still writes code at work
- Hands on experience with one of the public clouds: AWS, Google or Azure
- Deep or moderate and rapidly growing experience with cloud architectures: security, availability, microservices, consumption based billing, designs for scalability
- Comfortable leading the design process with senior engineers
- Experience with solution architecture/documenting software architectures
- Understanding of DevOps principles, tools and the intersection with cloud architecture
- Hands-on, applied and delivery focused
- Finance experience a bonus, however non-finance background with cloud engineering experience is welcomed
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.