JP Morgan's Tech center is seeking a security software engineer to join a newly formed team. Team of 5 security engineers reporting locally to the team engineering lead. The team will be focused on enabling our software development community to develop secure applications more efficiently and effectively.
Role seeks a self-motivated, highly technical hands-on individual to join the team of like-minded security engineers. Whilst providing and championing the patterns of secure application development the team will also be expected to experiment with innovative mitigation techniques to help broader strategies against the changing threat landscape.
Key aim is to enable our global software developers to produce secure software and to do so with the least possible friction. These will include the integration of sound security patterns within an Agile and DevOps software delivery landscape.
* Develop secure design patterns for adoption by the development community
* Support engineering teams via shared sprints and pair programming on security goals
* Identify tool or environment impediments to efficient secure coding objectives and drive change.
* Conduct and deliver reports on application security design review assessments using threat modelling.
* Likely to have 5-8 years of experience in information technology software security engineering
* Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation/mitigation strategies
* Strong knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
* Interest in all aspects of security research and development. Participates in professional organizations, seminars/user groups, and industry networking.
* Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
* Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Windows)
* Analytical mind with problem solving aptitude.
* Able to work well with virtual, globally dispersed teams.
* Solid verbal and written skills to communicate to developers and management.
* Expected to have gained certification, such as Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.