The ideal candidate will participate in software engineering initiatives for state of the art JEE/Web/Spring Framework solutions for the Chase Loyalty Solutions program. S/he will develop and own technical knowledge of application components within the program. Will work with Software Engineering Managers for development, testing, deployment and validation functions.
· Participate in the development function for the Chase Loyalty Solutions Platform that includes multiple internal facing web applications, middleware services supporting external facing mobile/web applications, batch programs and databases.
· Be part of a team of geographically distributed analysts and developers responsible for the program’s software solutions engineering function.
· Develop productive working relationships with business, technology, infrastructure, architecture and enterprise technology teams that participate in the SDLC and ensure coverage of all aspects of application development and delivery.
· Must have a deep understanding of client/server architecture with proven experience working in a multi-tier software application.
· Should be well versed in testing techniques to produce comprehensive test cases for all developed code. Must also support and participate in system and integrated testing across sub-systems as the need arises. Should be capable of producing solid documentation both inside code and external design specifications.
· Interpret functional specifications, create technical specifications and have the ability to deliver quality code to specification.
· S/he must be comfortable interacting with team members, management and business partners spread across several geographical locations.· Must be comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum team setting.
Required/Primary Skills and Experience
· Thorough knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
· Experience with Source Code management techniques/ tools for software management.
· Experience with IDEs such as Eclipse or similar.
· Knowledge of relational database.
· Knowledge of UNIX operating system; shell script programming.
· Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work with diversity of team location and background.
- 1+ year experience with JMS and Messaging Products (preferably WebSphere MQ).
- 1+ year experience working with Web Services (preferably using Spring/Spring MVC).
- Exposure to Open Source technologies (Junit, Log4J, Maven, SVN, GIT, Jenkins).
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and No SQL.