Business Area: CIB Technology
Role: Applications Developer
About J.P. Morgan:
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
JPMorgan ACCESS is independently ranked #1, globally, as the best Treasury and Cash Management system for Commercial Clients. We currently serve through a unified web experience over 30,000 commercial clients, some of which are the largest companies in the world. We provide an integrated global cash management solution via Online Portal, Host-to-Host and Mobile channels. Our clients are in over 50 countries worldwide. On a daily basis, our clients move hundred’s of billions of dollars.
"We are the Chase.com for Corporations" Small and Large companies administer their company, make payroll, pay vendors, move money between accounts, report on their transactions, invest their excess funds, use loan proceeds, all from one platform.”
Our team of 650 is primarily located in three locations in North America - Jersey City, Columbus, Chicago and two locations in India – Bengaluru, Mumbai.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
As an 'Applications Developer', you will
• Design and Develop cutting edge top quality web based solutions for our clients using the Java EE technology stack.
• Work with a team that develops smart and scalable solutions and provide a solid experience for our Clients.
• Develop an understanding of our products and the problems we are attempting to solve.
• Help identify application improvements on areas of performance, availability and automation of repetitive tasks to save overall cost and time.
• Bring strong relationships with all application stakeholders.
• Bring us what no one else has – a fresh perspective that sets you apart from the pack
College degree from reputed technology institutes/universities or equivalent work experience in software application development area
• Design, Development and testing of Java EE based applications. (Java, Spring, Hibernate)
• Excellent working knowledge of Spring Framework and its ecosystem components
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills to deal with diverse teams and demanding clients.
• Building and debugging java applications.
• Strong SQL skills and an understanding of database concepts.
• Very interested and passionate about technologies and process improvements.
• Experience building apps using Ember.js
• Knowledge/Understanding of emerging technologies
• Financial Industry experience
• Awareness of the business and IT strategy
• Basic understanding of the company's business practices and familiarity with the company's products and services
• Line of Business experience is a plus.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.