Asset Management - Client Portfolio Manager - High Yield, GIFCC - ED (Based in London)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.9 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of June 30, 2017)
Throughout its long and distinguished history, Asset Management has been steadfastly committed to putting its clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs every decision we make on their behalf. The Asset Management business is also guided by its strategic objective and business priorities.
Global Investment Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
• Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
• More than 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
• Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
JPMorgan Asset Management’s Global Fixed Income, Commodities and Currency (GFICC) is a market leader managing over $458bn in a broad range of fixed income strategies for institutional, sovereign and retail investors around the world. The EMEA business is headquartered in London, and represents a significant asset base and range of strategies, supporting clients both globally and across the region.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate as Client Portfolio Manager (CPM) for High Yield strategies in EMEA, reporting to the Head of Client Portfolio Management, EMEA.
The JPMorgan High Yield team manages over $60bn in bond portfolios delivered both in mutual funds and bespoke separately managed accounts for sophisticated institutional investors. JPMAM is one of the largest managers of high yield bonds with 40 dedicated investors based in 3 locations: London, Indianapolis and Cincinnati. A team of career research analysts have unparalleled access to company management and provide bottom-up analysis on every bond we hold across a range of strategies in U.S., European and Global High Yield portfolios.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• The Client Portfolio Manager’s role is to know the portfolios they represent as if they were the Alpha Portfolio Manager. The CPM should be fully integrated with the investment team to ensure that as much of the PM’s time as possible is devoted to investing.
• The CPM is the de facto equivalent of a product manager, responsible for all aspects of the business except for investing. The CPM will work in close partnership with the CIO, including on business strategy, product strategy and distribution strategy for the EMEA region.
• The CPM is accountable for client and RFP materials as well as internal marketing tools, and to promote the strategies they represent internally and externally. Engaging with the sales teams across distribution channels is essential to jointly develop distribution strategy, targets and tactical plans.
• The CPM will partner with the Client Advisor (CA) and, where appropriate, the consultant sales team, to pitch for new business and will be the voice of the strategies in conferences, road shows, seminars and training. The CPM is then responsible for implementing guidelines and coordinating onboarding for new wins.
• The CPM will be the primary point of contact with the client on investment matters, ie portfolio results and positioning. As such, the CPM must have complete credibility with both the PM and the client. The CPM will conduct Quarterly/Annual account reviews and is responsible for ensuring that the client has the information they need to be fully informed.
• The EMEA High Yield CPM is the lead global CPM for our European High Yield business and will work in close partnership with the lead CPMs for U.S. and Global High Yield strategies, based in U.S., to cover clients in the EMEA region.
- Extensive experience in fixed income and credit markets
- Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or related subjects
- CFA level 2 or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated track record in operating in large and complex organisations and across regional borders
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Developed interpersonal, presentation skills and ability to deal with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent time management - able to prioritise issues and respond in a timely manner
- Team player, combined with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to act as a fiduciary, with strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Solid analytical and computer skills – Bloomberg, Excel, PowerPoint
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.