JPMorgan Asset & Wealth Management – Full Stack Developer
JPMorgan Asset Management (JPMAM) continues to drive towards best in class data management capabilities to ensure all areas of the business and operations make decisions or report based on a clear understanding of the data they are using and its quality. In parallel technology are overhauling the way they deliver and document data. A model driven service architecture coupled with an innovative data quality framework underpins the target state data architecture and addresses the need for compliance with new firmwide policies and standards for data governance and data quality reporting.
To achieve these objectives we are looking to strengthen the Core Components and Architecture team by recruiting a developer with Metadata knowledge who will report directly to the JPMAM Chief Information Architect and liaise with the Chief data Office (‘CDO’) who are the principle sponsors and consumers of metadata in the JPMAM organization.
As a Full Stack Developer this person will be part of a team that is responsible for implementing metadata driven solutions within Asset Management. This includes data store inventory control, measuring data quality, implementing data retention standards, provision of data sensitivity information to entitlements systems as well as basic data reconciliation and data profiling. The job requires a mixture of data analytical skills with software development using traditional relational database with the possibility of moving to a commercial solution based on triple-store technology. This role should appeal to some one who wants to specialise in Information Architecture and at the same time likes to code and develop using the latest set of technologies and working practices.
Metadata is proving to be the key to effective data management. Capturing metadata (harvesting) is a complex and expensive process that can only be justified if that information can be put to good use. In JPMAM Asset Management metadata and associated utilities are used for a number of business use cases that include;
· Data inventory oversight to identify cost saving opportunities
· Support for data retention and disposal rules
· Data quality analysis, assessment against data validation rules master and stored in data models
· Business term provenance, for a business term, understand its relationship to the System Of Record and Authoritative Data Store
· Data flow lineage, for example to attest where data came from on a regulatory report
· Support of data protection policies, map where highly confidential data is stored and ensure it is protected
· Reporting against firmwide data standards, policies and procedures
· Classification of data in support of regulatory requirements
The principle consumers of this information are technology teams and the Chief Data Office. For example the metamodel stores Critical Data Elements as defined by the CDO who assign data validation rules to business terms. These data validation rules are stored as part of the logical and physical data model and are used to measure and report on data quality using the metadata platform.
The full stack developer will be responsible for the design and coding of solutions for the import and presentation of metadata and use that information in support of the business use cases as listed above. They will be required to manage and control all aspects of the Metadata framework from requirements capture through to system design, solution construction and delivery.
· Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
· Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs for the Cloud
· Digesting and understanding requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
· Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
· Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
· Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
· DevOps: Be responsible for development, testing, releasing, and monitoring
· Robust delivery of code into the production environment
· Proactively look to implement and further develop best practices across the group. The areas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, technical documentation and technical design specifications.
Experience in architecture and design of micro services
Test Driven Development
Developing applications for the Cloud
Unix (developing shell scripts)
Relational database such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, code SQL and build basic procedures
Interested in application security including web application and web service cybersecurity experience
Experience with ETL tools like Pentaho, Informatica, AbInitio
Good understanding of how web applications work
Knowledge of browser support
Works under own initiative
Consultative - enjoys coaching others
Logical structured thinker
Flexible, able to compromise
Able to handle conflict and objections objectively
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.