JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business (LOB) to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution, and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Global Service Operations (GSO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's (JPMC) Global Technology Infrastructure. Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while its Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
The Web Support Specialist will work as part of the team responsible for JPMC's web hosting environments in North America, Asia Pacific (APAC), and EMEA. As such, this involves a reactive element which includes monitoring problem queues and working through problems to resolution as they arise. There is also a proactive element which includes maintaining software currency, track repeat issues and drive service improvement
- Extensive experience in information technology with an emphasis on working with E-Commerce related technologies, ideally in a Devops Environment
- Detailed understanding of Web technologies and how they function in secure environments
- Experience in Development and automation .
- Good problem & customer management, analytical, self motivation, verbal and written communication skills and an ability to deliver in high pressure situations
- Must be able to work with and leverage skills from other teams in the organization
- Experience working in a customer facing role and part of a geographically distributed team
- Previous/Current Coding experience is an added advantage
Strong technical skills with proficiency in:
- Unix/ Windows System Administration
- Network Products & Protocols (TCP/IP)
- Application Servers (WebSphere/ Tomcat / WebLogic)
- Java, JSP and other web standards
- Web Servers (Apache/IHS/IIS)
- Scripting and Development (Perl/Shell/Python/Java)
Development and Automation
Continual Service Improvement
Metrics and Reporting
- Execute Scripts
- Change and Deployment
- Execution of DR failover
- SSL Certificate Management
- JVM Tuning (heap size, thread analysis, etc.)
- LB/DR Pair configuration
- Apply in-place patches/fixpacks
- Vulnerability reviews (Pen test findings)/remediation
- Automation using python/java/shell scripting