About Asset Management:
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.3 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of June 30, 2016)
Global Investment Management:
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
- Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
- More than 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
- Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
Investment Management Americas ("IMA") is a division of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. IMA Platform Management is responsible for business management and oversight for J.P. Morgan pooled vehicles including mutual funds, collective investment funds and hedge funds (collectively referred to as "Funds"). IMA Platform Management, which reports to the Chief Administrative Officer, is comprised of the following functional areas: Funds Treasury, Institutional Treasury, Governance and Board Management, Taxation, Product Implementation/Project Management, Product Development, and Vendor Management.
As a member of the Product Management team within the IMA Product Development Team, the candidate will have responsibility for managing JPMorgan Asset Management’s product range across retail and institutional funds, including mutual funds, collective investment trusts, 3(c)7 funds, and variable insurance trust funds.
The product manager will lead initiatives to enhance the fund range in order to meet the needs of various distribution channels and investment teams and ensure we continue to competitively differentiate the offering over a multi-year timeframe.
The product manager will partner with groups across J.P. Morgan Asset Management including Investment Management, Sales, Product Strategy, Legal, Compliance, Funds Treasury, Product Implementation and Marketing in leading the initiatives.
The product manager will also work closely with Product Developers on the team in supporting aspects of new fund launches, such as the provision of seed capital and development of fact sheets. He or she will be part of a dynamic team responsible for the delivery and management of packaged investment products, while working closely with partners in business and investment groups.
- Lead initiatives related to fund changes across retail and institutional funds (such as benchmarks, portfolio managers, investment strategies, share class launches, mergers and liquidations)
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, comprised of Investment Management, Sales, Product Strategy, Legal, Compliance, Funds Treasury, and Product Implementation
- Prepare presentations, memos and other materials in seeking approval from Senior Management and the Board of Trustees for fund initiatives; present initiatives at various internal committees
- Prepare internal sales force communications related to fund changes
- Manage seed capital process for new and existing funds
- Develop fact sheets for new funds and coordinate changes to fact sheets for existing funds, working closely with the Marketing team
- Provide ongoing review of fund prospectuses and other legal documents to ensure consistency and accuracy of information
- Produce or contribute to various reports for internal audiences, including global product map, fee booklet, fund capacity, and summary of fund launches and changes