JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The Firm’s Corporate Treasury function and the Chief Investment Office (together referred to as “Treasury/CIO”) manage the Firm’s balance sheet. This includes activities such as:
- Deploying the Firm’s excess liquidity
- Managing the Firm’s funding and liabilities
- Managing the Firm’s structural interest rate and foreign exchange risk
- Managing the Firm’s liquidity risk and its regulatory compliance
CTC Risk manages the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office, Global Treasury, and “other” Corporate businesses (Firm-wide Pension Plan, Insurance programs, and Mortgage Servicing Rights). The CTC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) reports to the Firm-wide CRO and is responsible for the end to end risk framework within the CTC LOBs; including, but not limited to, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Reputation Risk, Country Risk, Principal Risk, and Model Risk.
CTC - Home Lending Market Risk Manager-Associate
The Home Lending Pipeline/Warehouse Market Risk team within CTC Risk seeks to hire a seasoned risk professional to join its Market Risk Management function. The position will involve overseeing the Market Risk management of the Pipeline/Warehouse desk. The role involves partnering with other risk groups in the firm as it relates to Market Risk responsibilities.
- Participate in the assessment, governance and control of the Market Risk for the business
- Involvement in review and attestation of VAR, Stress testing, CCAR and Volcker reporting
- Provide technical analysis on models and assumptions related to the business
- Conduct deep dive and ad-hoc analyses related to the Mortgage business
- Participate as a risk stakeholder in various projects with the Front Office, Finance, Valuation Control Group, Model Review Group, Policy, Technology and Product control
- Partner with other risk teams on developing best practices and consistencies with models and risk methodologies
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Math based discipline; 1-3 year’s mortgage experience or market risk equivalent a plus
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills with a focus on risk management and models
- Existing knowledge of financial markets and Market Risks concepts such as VaR, Stress and other non-statistical Market Risk measures
- Experience with Mortgage products and preferably experience of the Pipeline/Warehouse business
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of functional groups
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint