J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has more than 160 years of experience helping Latin America’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations and endowments grow, manage and sustain their wealth. We serve clients from more than 20 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean with offices across Latin America, in the United States and in Switzerland, with a total of over 600 employees.
Wealth Management (WM) is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Introduction to Role
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within J.P.Morgan. WM is establishing a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML and KYC requirements. This is a great opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practices within J.P.Morgan and the industry.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide protection to the business by ensuring adherence to the firm’s Anti Money Laundering and KYC policies. The role involves ongoing management and maintenance of various processes, projects, and reporting required for day to day business activities and senior management. This role requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
· Performing quality review of new and existing KYC profiles for Latam Private Bank clients
· Lead team of KYC Quality Control reviewers
. Act as partner to the Banker teams to assist with the KYC renewals process for existing clients
· Maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while meeting team productivity goals
· Participate in project meetings and develop relationships with various teams within the Private Bank
· Engaging in discussions with Risk, Anti Money Laundering, Onboarding Officers and Compliance partners, and documenting changes to workflow processes
· Identify areas of risk that need improvement, and resolve using available tools (Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
· Working with business, Risk, Anti Money Laundering, and Compliance teams to complete agreed upon business initiatives
· Respond to daily inquiries and assist with escalation/resolution
· Assist with developing new processes and training materials (if necessary)
Bachelor's degree or higher in Law, Economics, Finance, or Business preferred
• Fluency in Spanish is Mandatory
• 5-7+ years of experience within a financial services, operations, audit/compliance field preferred
• Strong knowledge of AML/KYC to LATAM
• Strong knowledge of risk and control techniques/procedures
• In-depth knowledge of risk management techniques from both a detection and mitigation perspective
• Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional ways of managing the business and driving change to improve processes
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technological environment.
• Must possess excellent analytical skills, in addition to strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization.
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership over "quality" and best practices around the quality, risk and controls process.
• Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment to effectively meet deadlines
• Series 99 required (Must be obtained within 120 days of hire)
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.