JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
More than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity.
Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
About the Role and project
The candidate will function as an Applications Developer within the Global Wealth Management Technology group with a focus on Derivatives Technology. Derivatives Technology consists of the application stack used to support derivatives trade life cycle, including capture, lifecycle event processing, reporting and governance. The role will involve architecture, design and development of a suite of applications using Murex/Java/J2EE technologies. This candidate will be expected to possess both a technical and financial domain skills and should also have strong communication and analytical skills.
- Deliver on MUREX based developments for the Derivatives business
- Implementing Data-dictionary Formula's like XSL, XMLF, XSLT, XMLFBM, etc.
- Good understanding of MxML formulas, MxML tasks, Data Dictionary, Murex workflows (Exchange, Contract, Deliverable, etc.), Interfaces.
- Good understanding of e-trade pad, trade query and OSP features for customization.
- Good grasp on core Murex data model and Datamart creation/enhancement.
- Enhancing existing data dictionary formulas as per the business needs. Transformation of upstream messages into MxML and vice versa.
- Handling L1 to L3 level of BAU/Batch/Trading floor issues/defects for FX Spot/Fwd/Swaps/NDFs against both upstream and internal trade booking.
- Integration with third parties like Markitwire/Misys for the Market confirmations
- Hands on working on Murex regulatory reporting module
- Ability to work closely with product owners and business team to translate requirements into technical specifications and runbooks in support of application builds.
- Ability to plan, work and build software in a DevOps compatible manner. I.e. Software Build and production support model.
- Be a part of Scrum team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile fashion including, but not limited to, sprint planning, complexity analysis, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Adhere to firm-wide architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Perform application development build tasks and perform application coding in J2EE and RDBMS technologies along with MUREX.
- Communicate timely build status on development items to management team, as well as raise/work to resolve issues impacting development.
- Assist in support of applications post Production.
- Participate in strategic planning, design and delivery of projects
- Participate in quality assurance, peer reviews and code reviews
- Minimum 4 years of strong hands-on experience in Murex, Java/J2EE design and programming skills with good understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- A minimum of 4 or more years of experience working in a development team in an agile environment
- Proven ability to develop high quality technical solutions
- Knowledge of standard build and deployment tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Git/Stash, Ant, and Jira
- Experience with database development and design including experience with Oracle and/or Sybase
- Ability to multi-task and engage productively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to balance application development and application support needs
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, partners, and senior IT and Business management
- Development Experience with XML and RESTful web services desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Financial Services Domain knowledge - Equity/Fixed Income Product Knowledge, Securities Trade and Position Management, Reconciliation knowledge
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience in Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Hadoop or any other Cloud technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Having team leadership skills with coordinating work in all aspects of the SDLC is added bonus.
- Ability to deal with and navigate difficult situations through strong teamwork and a focus on resolution
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills