JPMorgan Asset and Wealth Management is a global industry leader with over $1.5 trillion of assets under supervision, $8 billion in annual revenues, and 14,000 employees. The business serves all client segments (institutional, retail, and high net worth) and invests in all asset classes. We have over 160 alpha strategies and are a leading manager in alternative assets including real estate, private equity/venture capital, and hedge fund strategies.
Asset Management (“AM”) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
AM Product Marketing is responsible for creating an industry-leading product marketing experience across all client touch points, media, global regions and distribution channels. Within Product Marketing, Asset Class Marketing serves as the key interface with investment organizations, on behalf of the distribution channels, and partners to define overall product marketing strategy. The VP role is a critical resource responsible for design, development and delivery of best practices in the following areas:
- Fostering strong senior-level relationships across the investment organization to establish Asset Class marketing as primary point of contact for all stakeholders.
- Building industry-leading product experience by developing and integrating strategic positioning with effective marketing solutions and sophisticated publishing and digital delivery.
- Collaborating with brand and digital teams to enhance often large, cross-platform marketing campaigns designed to increase awareness and drive business development aligned with core strategies.
In addition, we are focused on continuing to build out our ETF/Beta business, further define and support our integrated Alternatives platform, and develop innovative retirement solutions.
The Asset Class marketer will be a critical team member playing a highly visible and important role in defining, delivering and evolving the mission of Product Marketing in the U.S. As such, candidates should have senior-level marketing acumen, a strong understanding of financial markets and the ability to define strategy and influence at the highest levels to deliver change. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that Asset Class Marketing is the primary value-add point of contact to senior investment team members and other related functions
- Establish the team as a strategic partner to senior sales heads, regional and cross-channel CMOs and Marketing managers and all global stakeholders
- Create and effectively update highly impactful global product and asset class messaging
- Partner in building best-in-class collateral and ensure strategic positioning is implemented and appropriately evolved across all marketing touch points
- Partner across Marketing to support and design high profile, creative and innovative product marketing campaigns that deliver bottom-line results
- Influence and work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders across all levels, regions and channels
- BA or BS degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of broad investment product marketing experience and a demonstrated track record of success and increased responsibilities
- Possess the strategic vision needed to evolve the function over the medium- to long-term and the management acumen to drive shorter-term success
- Excellent knowledge of funds and Institutional investment product marketing
- Extremely deep product knowledge within and across asset classes. ETF or Alternatives experience is highly desirable.
- Prior experience liaising with related functions, including regulatory and compliance, publishing, and digital marketing
- Ability to build relationships and influence across a large, matrixed organization
- Strong project management and editorial skills – able to manage multiple priorities, communicate progress and effectively track deliverables to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Series 7 preferred