JP Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the U.S., with operations worldwide and assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
Firmwide Risk Management is overseen and managed on an enterprise-wide basis. The Firm’s approach to risk management covers a broad spectrum of economic and other core risk areas, such as credit, market, liquidity, model, principal, country, operational, compliance, conduct, legal, capital and reputation risk, with controls and governance established for each area, as appropriate
Within the broader Risk organization, the Risk Controllers are focused on (1) Designing, executing, and providing oversight of controls to verify completeness and accuracy of Risk data for internal risk management and external risk reporting purposes. (2) Aligning Firmwide Risk information with external disclosures creating an integrated view of Finance & Risk. (3) Producing SEC and External Regulatory Reporting in compliance with evolving requirements all within a rewarding and fulfilling work environment.
As a Credit Risk Controller Vice President the ideal candidate will manage a team responsible for the CCAR Schedule L end to end control design and execution; including documentation of controls and ultimately reporting controls status. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Engaging with Subject Matter Experts and other key stakeholders to implement key Regulatory deliverables for the Risk Controllers organization and the Firm as a whole.
· Proactively build partnerships across select Finance, Risk, Operations and Technology areas to understand the data flow from inception to the CCAR Schedule L report at a line item level and articulate to senior management.
· Maintaining strong working relationships with Risk & Finance and line of business partners, facilitating effective communication, and working with business teams to assess needs, understand regulatory requirements and syndicate solutions across various stakeholder forums.
· Finance related Bachelor’s degree required; Credit Risk / Controller / CCAR reporting experience helpful
· 7-10 years of experience in financial services
· Solid understanding of finance processes, infrastructure and systems
Communication / Influence
· Excellent ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge, and confidently speak about these processes
· Ability to lead and influence within a matrix structure and communicate effectively at many levels of the organization including senior management
· Proven ability to work across diverse groups, build consensus and execute the agreed plans
· Overall strong desktop skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.