JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Chase Card Services consists of two businesses: Consumer and Small Business and Commercial Card. The No. 1 credit card issuer in the U.S. based on loans outstanding.
Consumer and Small Business offers a broad array of credit cards to meet the needs of individual consumers and small businesses. Our portfolio includes Chase-branded credit cards - Sapphire, Freedom, Ink and Slate as well as co-branded credit cards offered in partnership with well-known brands and organizations, including AARP, Amazon, Disney, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many others in the United States and Canada.
The main goal of this role is to manage the development of proposals of strategic partnerships and all facets of the deal process including creating sales pitches and RFP responses, managing internal reviews, obtaining approvals and supporting the negotiation and contract development process while maintaining a strong control environment.
Job responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Business Development Leads to develop strategic partnerships to support the growth of the card business. This includes, but is not limited to co-branded credit cards.
- Collaboratively develop partnership ‘pitches’, RFP responses and business proposals with cross-functional peers for respective deals under responsibility- ensuring data shared is accurate and appropriate to share
- Work in conjunction with Finance, legal and other teams to ensure business case, deal constructs and other key terms associated with partnerships are accurate and properly vetted
- Support negotiation strategies required to win deals or renewals
- Assist in driving the broad Business Development strategy for the organization, including cross Line of Business.
- Ensure all deals and business development is executed in accordance with policies, controls and BD procedures
- Deep understanding of the credit card business with experience across several card functions
- Ability to create impactful sales pitches drawing from the broad assets of the firm and targeted at unique partner needs
- Ability to work independently and create goals and vision for delivery in ambiguous or new situations
- Ability to collaborate across teams and deliver under tight timelines
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of financial drivers
- Demonstrated strong leadership and insightful analytical skills. .
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent influencing-without-authority skills
- Sense of urgency with disposition to execute and a demonstrated career of successful program implementations.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience, preferably across issuing, acquiring and rewards/loyalty management organizations.
- BS degree or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred.
- Proven exceptional relationship building skills inside and outside the organization.
- Proven experience in working across departments, lines of business within large organizations.
- Experience in strategic Business Development within financial services environment is preferred.