This role is within the Consumer & Business Banking (CBB) Chief Development Office (CDO). CBB is undergoing a major multi-year effort focused on transforming the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from a Waterfall to Agile process, inclusive of DevOps and Cloud initiatives that support the SDLC transformation. This role is key to the overall transformation.
The Agile-DevOps Engineer is responsible for setting up, managing, and evangelizing the culture, practices, processes and tools that enable the business of software development and operations. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of Agile/DevOps and the various points at which development and operations could be improved by better process improvement, tools, automation and metrics that can be gathered to improve CBB’s transformation. As DevOps professional, is responsible for automating the process of software delivery and platform service changes. The role aims at establishing a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably.
• Serve as a contributing member of the CDO, responsible for facilitating the adoption, implementation, and sustainability of Agile and DevOps processes, principles, and practices
• Support CDO SharePoint/Confluence sites and data/metrics gathering, presentation and oversight
• Support and manage Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Tools Infrastructure
• Support Continuous Development/deployment process (ARM, AIM, Jules, Pipeline)
• Tools integration (JIRA, ALM, Cucumber, Selenium)
• Support AD teams with tools and processes
• Server maintenance and hygiene
• Serve as subject matter expert on DevOps development methods and facilitate the culture needed to build self-sustaining teams
• Participate in necessary CCB CDO work streams
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical field with preferred focus on Computer Science or Information Systems (preferred) or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years technology-based experience in DevOps Engineering to provide strategic direction and implementation of DevOps practices for CBB IT Development practices, scaling and metrics
• Experience in working on automation, system integration, application configuration, and environment availability
• Experience designing, developing, testing and implementing software applications and systems – Agile scrum experience a bonus
• Self-motivated team player with ability to influence others. Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire needed information
• Development exposure to Java, JS and .Net technologies
• Unix development experience with 5+ years scripting in Unix Shell, Perl, Ruby, and/or Python
• Experience with Continuous deployment and integration tools like Jenkins, ARM, AIM, Jules
• Experience with technologies and tools like SonarQube, Maven, Ant, Cruise Control etc
• Experience working with SCM tools SVN, GIT/Stash, Bitbucket. Mainframe Changeman is a plus.
• Experience in Static scanning and Open Source scanning
• 5+ years of experience in working with multiple teams to dynamically allocate non-production environments for top priority agile development projects
• Knowledge of Cloud automation is desirable
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.