About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
This is NOT a traditional Linux Sys Admin opportunity. The team functions along a DevOps methodology and controls all hardware and operating system configuration, as well as solves different Linux engineering, architecture, and operate problems.
This person in this role will interact with many technology groups across the bank, such as application development, application operate, QR, and global technology infrastructure teams. The individual will work on technology that runs Commodities, FX, Rates, Credit and Equities trading businesses.
The role supports JP Morgan’s strategic proprietary technology stack, as well as a set of integrated opensource products and tools. The individual will learn and apply knowledge toward automating all aspects of the technology footprint.
- Respond and resolve UNIX/Linux support requests and issues.
- Monitor infrastructure using provided monitoring tools.
- Provide Onsite weekday and weekend support in relation to a follow the sun support model.
- Escalate issues to vendor support / provide root cause / incident reports.
- Participate in Project / BAU / AdHoc tasks.
- Work closely with related infrastructure and application groups.
- Manage production support issues from start to finish. Including; troubleshooting, providing short and long term solutions and root cause analysis.
- Tools development and improvement
- Learning and facilitating new technologies
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Strong knowledge of Dev Ops, Linux Administration, Application Support, Service Delivery and Client management
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to staff and other business partners to promote operational excellence.
- Champion continuous process improvement, performance management, and metrics-driven results.
- 8+ years in system administration supporting RedHat Enterprise Linux in a large-scale (1500+ servers) highly available environment.
- Experience with HP DL and DELL hardware models
- Good working knowledge or experience in networking concepts & technologies (Solarflare, Mellanox a plus). Familiarity with switches, routers, firewalls (a plus)
- Must be knowledgeable in use of Fibre Attached Storage, Multipathing, Linux LVM. Including, setup, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Must have strong knowledge in supporting the infrastructure for application, database (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Postgres, Vertica) and web servers (Apache).
- Low latency performance tuning experience
- Previous experience with open source tools (a plus)
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and well rounded in infrastructure technologies.
- Must be fluent in performance troubleshooting.
- Must be able to work with little guidance.
- Must possess coding skills (Python, bash, Perl, Korn Shell, awk, sed).
- Document processes and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial industry background (a plus).
- RHEL6 / RHEL7
- HP / DELL hardware
- NAS / SAN
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Geneos, Tivoli, Ganglia
- CFEngine, puppet
- CVS / SVN / Git
- SMTP, NIS, DNS, NFS, LDAP, SSH, PAM
- Cobbler / Koan / Kickstart
- strace / tcpdump / bonding
- RHCT / RHCE / RHCA / RHSS
- IBM Symphony
- Vertica / Postgres / MySQL