The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for providing legal and compliance services to the corporation.
As an executive assistant to the team lead of the Government Investigation and Regulatory Enforcement (GIRE) Consumer team and the New York Subpoena Escalation team, you will perform diverse administrative functions requiring confidentiality, initiative and sound decision making for a Senior attorney and designated members of his team. You will need to develop and adapt procedures, processes and techniques to complete assignments, in line with the Department's activities and goals.
This role requires supporting a team of six senior GIRE attorneys, including meeting planning and scheduling, all phases of outside counsel retention and billing, matter management in GOLD and other databases, assistance with preparation of documents including PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets, and assistance with document productions to regulators. Additionally, you will exercise independent judgment, escalating serious or unique problems to the attorneys. A successful candidate will possess structure, attention to detail, high energy and flexibility for a deadline-driven organization.
• Strong calendar management in scheduling meetings with participants, including senior management, from within the Firm as well as external organizations and arranging conference room set-up. Work effectively with other Department staff and meeting participants to efficiently and effectively schedule meetings. Be aware of conflicts and be adept at keeping manager aware of updates and working around conflicts in a proactive and skilled manner.
• Support preparation of PowerPoint presentations for the Managing Director and others as necessary
• Coordinate travel arrangements - flights, trains, and hotel accommodations. Prepare detailed itinerary and assure accuracy of travel to post to Managing Director's calendar
• Create and Update matters in the department ’s global online legal database (GOLD) for the attorneys in the team
• Work with Legal Billing department to process invoices from law firms
• Maintain and Update the GIRE SharePoint site
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.