JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople, operations and product control staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income, credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
The Currencies and Emerging Markets (CEM) Athena team delivers business critical trade capture, risk management, transaction processing and trader tools to the CEM business globally, as well as building and maintaining the FX system of record and strategic PNL aggregator.
The CEM Athena roles require technically strong and disciplined python developers. A record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment is a prerequisite. The roles require an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment. A high level of interaction with the business is required as the applications involved are revenue generating and directly used by the businesses globally.
This is a unique opportunity for delivery-minded individuals to take ownership of the full software development lifecycle, partnering with the CEM business to understand and improve business workflows. The successful candidate will be empowered to build relationships with the Singapore front-office and quantitative research teams in order to deliver local requirements, provide business face-off and technical support, enhancements and fixes to the local users, as well as to own the delivery of Asia Pacific requirements on large-scale, global re-engineering initiatives.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies, responsible for elucidating and agreeing requirements, building relationships with business users, and taking ownership of deliverables all the way to the production environment and beyond.
- Willingness to become proficient and develop in Python if not already a primary language
- Strong desire to partner with the business
- Good problem solving skills with an ability to find creative, out of the box solutions to complex problems
- Focus on testing through the entire development cycle to produce reliable and maintainable software
- Experience in large system development in an object-oriented or functional language such as Python, Java, C++ or C#
- Experience in finance or investment banking as an application developer preferred, or willingness to rapidly learn the business domain
- Ability to develop a good understanding of end to end business processes
- Enthusiastic to keep learning and growing, in technical aptitude, business understanding and personal effectiveness
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact confidently and credibly with business users, to understand and agree business requirements and their prioritisation
- Ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment
- Eager to take ownership of work, have real business impact, overcome obstacles and take it through to completion, working as part of this team and collaborating with a much bigger community of developers sharing the technology and code base.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7-8 years of work experience in Technology, preferably within the Financial Services industry.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex issues to non-technical users and to influence change.
- Team player who works well individually and in teams, shares information and collaborates with colleagues.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility / accountability.
- Language Skills: English.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.