J.P. Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm. The firm is a leader in investment banking; financial services for consumers and businesses, transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMC brand, the firm services millions of customers in the United States and abroad. This includes many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
dynamic and fast-paced development team is looking to add a Mainframe/zOS WAS Application Developer as part of Global Clearing Funds Transfer Business.
We are seeking a highly motivated and very experienced Mainframe and zOS WAS technical expert. You will participate in all facets of Waterfall and Agile development lifecycles methodologies, developing stable, scalable systems and solutions within a mature Mainframe technology environment.
Excellent Knowledge and technical experience in developing Mainframe and
Zos WAS Applications.
Experience in various payments message format, not limited to industry standards SWIFT and ISO message formats.
· Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members.
· Analyze business and functional requirements and provide IT solutions.
· Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria.
· Document and lead design reviews, provide input to the design recommendations.
· Translate technical requirements into programmed application modules.
· Document detailed application current and future state specifications.
· Develop, code and test programs and software for defined projects.
· Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, and debugging
· Ensure technical documentation accurately reflects software components developed and delivered.
· Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality and time to market imperatives.
· Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams.
· Provide input to information/data flow.
· Provide support of software solutions as needed.
· Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills.
· Experienced in Agile development life cycle methodologies.
Minimum Required Qualification.
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology,
Equivalent Certification or military experience.
7-10+ years of experience in Online Application Development in a
zOS/WAS environment. Experience in WAS servers under Z/OS and WOLA/CICS
Expert Skills in IBM-Z/OS COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, MQ, IBM Utilities,
5–10+ years of core Java coding experience with messaging
5. Working knowledge of Java 1.5 or higher.
6. Experience in Unix Shell scripting.
Knowledge of XML specification and configuration files in XML
Knowledge of JSON format specification.
8. Exposure to GIT for Java source code management.
Working knowledge of Maven 2 or higher.
10. Working knowledge of logging frameworks such as Apache Log4J, SL4J.
Experience in IBM DB2 for Z/OS SQL
Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions.
12. Strong Skills in debugging tool: Main view, Expeditor and IBM Debugger.
13. Effective proficiencies in FTP/NDM/File-Mover, CA-7, REXX/CLIST.
14. Experience in IBM MQ for Z/OS MQ Managers, Queues, Channels.
15. Experience in Analysis/Design of Online CICS Applications Functionality,
including Core Memory addressing, background Tasking and Channels /Containers.
16. Experience in CICS Task Recovery Designs related to VSAM and DB2.
Nice to Have Skillsets
1. Experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) for Z/OS
2. Experience with IBM WebSphere Optimized Local Adapters (OLA or WOLA)
3. Exposure to JRecord framework for Cobol copybook format and Java mapping
4. Experience with Jenkins/Hudson Continuous Integration (CI) Server
5. Experience with Apache Camel Integration framework
6. Experience with IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD/RDz) 9.0 or higher
7. Exposure to Cloud computing such as AWS
8. Working knowledge of Docker Containers
9. Working knowledge of the Spring Framework
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.