JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
The Core Foundation Services team (CFS) is responsible for providing end to end support for critical technologies that are used across the company. This includes Configuration and Orchestration, Identity Management, Name Services, Enterprise Monitoring Solutions, and automation tools used to manage these technologies.
The Configuration Management Services team (CMS) is seeking a candidate that will focus on working with a team of engineers to evaluate and evolve Enterprise Configuration Management services and solutions. The ideal candidate must be able to create full configuration management driven systems life-cycle service models, ensure technology interoperability and flexible integration with other systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of the organization's business needs with the capability to translate LoB requirements for automation use cases into design and implementation plans
- Engineering and architectural development of robust Operating system, middleware and application configuration solutions across GTI and line of business partners.
- Proactive review of environment to suggest/develop new configuration management policies
Develop Solution Leadership & Strategy:
- Analyze new emerging technologies in the Configuration Management space and translate functionality of the new technology into an effective IT vision and strategy
- Keep up-to-date on business trends and the latest technology innovations to forecast solutions, and anticipate emerging business changes
- Lead and influence the development of standards and decisions regarding changes to systems/applications, and provide technical leadership and vision
- Collaborate with other technologists across GTI to assess current capabilities and bridge the gaps with legacy and future systems.
Strong Business Partnership:
- Articulates the business value and impact of advanced technical and non-technical information with ease and knows when to seek senior management assistance
- Knows when to escalate issues or seek assistance from senior management
- Documents medium-to-large scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision
- Can provides feedback and strategic recommendations to management
- Affects change within sphere of influence and leads development of innovative improvements