Head of Brand Management – Middle Market Commercial Banking – Franchise Finance
Commercial Banking delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and seamless global capabilities to clients—including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, real estate investors and owners, and not-for-profit organizations—with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, asset-based lending, real estate finance and treasury. We also provide clients with access to investment banking and asset management services.
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 101 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking or Specialized Industries teams. Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to: Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service, allow us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
As the Head of Franchise Finance Brand Management you will lead the Brand Managers who focus on Middle Market Franchise Finance relationships. You and your team will be responsible for building and managing relationships with the senior executive teams at major U.S.-based restaurant chains. Primary objectives are to (i) Provide corporate finance solutions for the Brands to support expansion plans, remodel and acquisition financing products for their franchisees, (ii) Gather and disseminate Industry and Brand-Level market intelligence to help drive our sales and risk strategy, (iii) Support loan restructuring and modifications, (iv) Work across the firm to identify new and existing relationships that could benefit from our Franchisee expertise, (v) Look to develop a Brand specific-customized finance program exclusive to JPMorgan Chase, and (vi) Help identify the "up and coming" Brands we could bank from Start-Up to IPO.
You will be responsible for:
- Directing team members in their business development efforts to attract and expand banking relationships with Middle Market companies that fit within the Franchise Finance scope. A typical team includes multiple bankers, an underwriting staff, a sales and marketing associate, treasury sales officer and client service professionals. You will be expected to build a portfolio of your own, while leading the team, understanding that your portfolio size is typically smaller in recognition of management responsibilities.
- Leading team members, partners and other banking professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions to the client that result in a highly satisfied client experience.
- Optimizing portfolio revenue opportunities and balanced revenue growth (credit vs. non-credit) across products and services.
- Identifying opportunities to cross sell every relationship across the firms LOBs.
- Executing your sales coverage plan and willingness to grow and expand your personal skills and knowledge commensurate with role and experience level.
- Helping to build and promote the firm’s brand in Franchise Finance space.
- You will report to the Head of Franchise Finance.
Ten+ years experience in Commercial or Corporate Banking with demonstrated, high-level of success in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients.
- Strong knowledge of Franchise Finance
- Outstanding professional reputation and integrity
- Strong leadership skills; previous management experience in Commercial Banking is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain new and profitable relationships in a highly competitive environment
- Excellent business development skills are required
- Ability to access risks inherent in complex credit transactions and mitigate, structure, and negotiate accordingly
- Strong appreciation of corporate finance
- Excellent problem solving, oral, and written communication skills
- Outstanding community involvement
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent
- Series 24, 63 & 79 registration may be required in addition to meeting FINRA continuing education requirements. (If not currently licensed – must be able to obtain within a specific time frame discussed at offer)