JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. JPMC serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,300 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2016. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm’s new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
As a Sr. Project Manager you will be responsible for directing and managing large and / or complex programs and projects across the JPMorgan Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) organization with focus on Chase Merchant Services.
This position requires a strong self-starter who can proactively engage a virtual, cross organizational team without formal direction, and who has senior level interpersonal skills such as influence management, negotiation, and analytical/problem solving skills.
You will manage projects from concept through implementation including initiation, requirements, design, build, & test and support both Agile and Waterfall methodologies. This will include coordinating resources (staff, equipment, vendors and consultants) across one or more projects, managing the budget for assigned project(s), monitoring project progress (risks & issues), adjusting resources and priorities accordingly, preparing and presenting progress reports for management, collecting, documenting and archiving all required development artifacts, & ensuring technologies are integrated properly to support Chase Merchant Services.
- Provide strong leadership to and drive the cross-functional Project Team to execute and deliver assigned projects
- Manage projects through the entire Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) using standard project processes and tools
- Manage project budget and financials
- Create project plan and track to key milestone dates associated with targeted implementation window
- Manage project risks, issues, actions/deliverables
- Partner with Technology and Product to define approach for build phase and/or scripts; maintain master plan and dates for the build phase from start of build to completion
- Track hours utilization against forecast and escalate variances
- Partner with the Business to identify operational risks and ensure overall operational readiness prior to launch; develop operational readiness playbook and facilitate Go/No Go meetings upon completing of testing
- Manage project communications & status reporting (e.g. project performance metrics/KPIs)
- Develop slides / decks for senior management team to articulate project status and issues
- Proactively identify obstacles and collaborate with team to identify several options/solutions
- Identify and help implement continuous process enhancements/improvements
- Identify opportunities to automate or streamline current processes, focus on driving efficiency and improvements in controls.
- Collect and store all required compliance artifacts for the project across the project life cycle.
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in information technology and/or Business Operations Program or Project Management
- PMP or equivalent Certification is required
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Consumer & Community Bank (CCB) IT and its supporting Lines of Businesses strongly preferred
- Extensive experience establishing and managing to project plans and key milestone dates
- Ability to develop and manage a project budget
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies, functions and industries
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid software development methodologies required
- Strong proficiency in creating executive management presentations using MS PowerPoint
- Experience managing resources that are geographically distributed and culturally diverse.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to resolve conflict & facilitate decision-making
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking in order to make complex decisions based on data, experience, analysis and judgment
- Flexible, process-oriented, organized, with excellent analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Microsoft Project is required