J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
We operate in more than 100 markets.
We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services through our 137,000 employees. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Our Risk Management professionals work directly with Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Auto/Student Loan, Card and Commerce Services, Chase Wealth Management and Mortgage Banking to minimize, monitor and control the probability of risk events and mitigate the impact of risk events that do occur.
- Provides data testing, validation and reconciliation to ensure effective quality assurance and timely delivery of data
- Investigates, troubleshoots and corrects data to ensures data integrity with logic adjustments
- Effective and efficient in executing data checks critical to regulatory concerns and reporting
- Able to collaborate with IT and other teams that support the business
- Promotes a constructive, positive team environment and maintains a spirit of openness, information sharing inquisitiveness, problem-solving and support for common goals
- Analyze reports in response to new functionality and summarize findings and implement recommendations
- Perform impact analysis to assess impact of source changes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to allocate time efficiently; handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self‐ motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with SAS, SQL and Teradata
- Ability to problem solve by analyzing and challenging conventional thought processes and using experience and/or intuition to create pragmatic solutions
Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or IT technologies
Strong data management skills
1+ years experience in SAS/SQL/Teradata
Experience in reconciliation analysis and data analysis
Subject matter expertise in data quality development
Mortgage banking data expertise