AWMIAS (Asset and Wealth Management Infrastructure and Application Services) offers infrastructure and application support services to all of JP Morgan Asset and Wealth Management customer base. As part of this organization, we support critical IT infrastructure with a wide technology base.
The AWMIAS Geneva Unix and Middleware Team Lead is responsible for managing a Geneva-based team of Unix and Middleware System Administrators, and also take leadership responsibilities working with global teams, with members around the globe. The person reports into the local head of IT infrastructure and into the global head of servers
· Team management of 7-8 Unix and Middleware System Administrators within a global function:
o People management: recruitment, mentoring, coaching
o Workload and coverage management
· Infrastructure management of:
o Unix systems, inclusive of physical servers – predominantly RHEL
o VMware ESX farms
o Application servers and middleware components
· Individual responsibilities
o Vendor management: delivery manager for H/W vendors
o Fiduciary/budget responsibilities
o Accountable on internal and external IT audits
· Team responsibilities:
o Support of Production and non-Production environments, with 24x7 coverage for Swiss environments
o Execution of patching, hygiene, cyber, and resiliency activities
o System builds and decommissions as part of projects
o Enforcement of corporate standards and policies on managed infrastructure
o ESX Capacity Management
o Automation of services
· Demonstrates leadership and ownership in attitude and demeanor
· Proven experience in managing a team responsible for infrastructure support, with similar responsibilities as above
· Proven experience in working in global functions delivering standard products and services
· Technical experience of:
o Unix flavors,
o VMware ESX,
o Automation products (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef, CfEngine, Salt),
o Middleware products (WebSphere, Apache, MQ)
o Authentication solutions (e.g. BoKS ServerControl, BeyondTrust Powerbroker)
o Encryption solutions (e.g. Vormetric, Certificate management)
· Strong process orientation: management and enforcement of defined processes
· Has the capability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
· Collaborates with internal customers and providers to work effectively on initiatives and issues
· Thinks and works beyond his/her own technology silo
· Good problem solving skills
· Timely communicates and escalates
· Stays current with emerging technologies related to respective technology domain.
· Has strong verbal and written communications skills (English)
· Is focused on making processes effective and automated for customers and team members. Values testing, rehearsal, and repeatability of processes to produce quality deliverables.
· Possesses an SRE and DevOps culture. Understanding of software development process is key.
· Promotes utilization of collaboration platforms (wiki systems, chat rooms, …)
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.