Middle Market Banking Portfolio Manager, New York, NY
Commercial Banking provides clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion with comprehensive financial solutions, including lending and treasury services. Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 101 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million via our local delivery model.
The Middle Market Banking Portfolio Manager role is responsible for the overall client relationship and risk management of a defined group of parent and subsidiary client relationships, including those with both credit and non-credit exposures. The PM will be the primary relationship manager for these accounts and will interact and liaison with other areas of the organization predominantly the credit, risk, client service and treasury organizations. The Portfolio Manager will not have primary business development responsibilities. This role will report to the Division or Market Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited, to the following:
1. Full knowledge and coverage of clients from an AML and reputational risk perspective, with a focus on the clients business, management team, strategy, product usage with JPMC and account activity. The Portfolio Manager will have regular client calling requirements. Estimated 20% of job responsibility
2. Timely completion of all AML/KYC due diligence. Estimated 20% of job responsibility
a. Including the dynamic updates to DDF forms that reflect true relationship knowledge.
b. Responsible for the oversight, escalation and resolution of any AML-identified compliance issues, as well as any reputational or negative media issues, in coordination with Middle Market banking management and the appropriate escalation forum.
3. Responsible for on-going client relationship management and responsiveness, including face to face meetings with the treasury and finance staff at the client company, documenting these meetings with call reports and maintaining CKC system updates. Estimated 30% of job responsibility
4. Process all credit requests, including requests for amendments and waivers, in coordination with the credit underwriters. Work with our service organization (either locally or through the national service center) to resolve service related incidents in the portfolio. Estimated 15% of job responsibility
5. In conjunction with the CSP, the PM will be responsible to ensure client operational needs are serviced in a timely and high quality manner. The Portfolio Manager will also have responsibility for annual coverage review of product sets and delivering the products and services of the firm to clients. Estimated 20% of job responsibility
6. Coordinate as appropriate client account exits and engage the appropriate processes with the CB Escalation and Client Service exit teams. The Portfolio Manager should work diligently to identify opportunities for current middle market accounts as well as indentify accounts that are not appropriate for middle market coverage. Initially will be a larger responsibility and focus of role and then taper to 5-10% of overall job responsibility
At least 5 years of middle market banking, credit underwriting experience or equivalent experience. Additionally, previous treasury and client service experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong client-facing skills. Polished, with excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong investigatory, due diligence and risk analysis skills.
- Able to present risk issues in a succinct and cogent manner to senior leaders.
- Familiarity with loan and other contractual documentation highly desirable.
- Familiarity with complex client organization structures highly desirable.
- Diligent, detail-oriented and thorough.
- Persistent and willing to follow through to resolve and document issues appropriately and in a manner in keeping with sound risk management practices.
- Able to work independently multi-task and handle a sizeable account load.