J.P. Morgan Asset Management Japan ("JPMAM") provides investment management products and services to institutional and individual investors (via distributor).
We are looking for a passionate Client Services Professional to join Japan Client Services team, servicing clients of JPMAM.
You will help developing and maintaining relationships with clients and match our broad services to their needs.
Primary Responsibilities will include, among other things, the following:
On-Boarding/Off-Boarding of clients, including Pension, Financial Institution, Distributor, etc.:
o You will have the opportunity to gain wider exposure to various teams in Japan, Asia Pacific, London and New York to complete the on-boarding / off-boarding processes.
You will discuss about AML/KYC process and legal document matters with internal colleagues.
o Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work well in a cross-functional/locational team to achieve common goals is needed.
Supporting day to day client requests and needs:
o You will work closely with sales teams to develop and maintain relationships with clients.
You will balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm at the same time.
o Ability to prioritize business needs and goals, as well as identifying and escalating material issues timely and appropriately is needed.
Participating in domestic/regional/global projects, such as regulatory rule, system developments, audits etc.:
o You will establish a strong relationship with internal business partners and develop a deep understanding of the business, control agendas, the architecture and global movement.
Assisting in developing a disciplined control environment; identifying and mitigating risks:
o You will understand the firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
o Collaboration/coordination with Business, Compliance and Controls teams on legal and regulatory matters pertaining to the Japan businesses, whether originated in Japan or cross-border, to identify and implement policy, process and procedural changes to ensure compliance with changing laws/regulations.
To be successful in this role, your skill set includes:
· Extensive experience in client service function (Asset Management Business)
· Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills
· Ability to multi-task and handle time sensitive situations and intensity
· Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things.
· Ability to deal with tight deadlines
· Highly motivated self-starter who takes ownership
· Strong project management skills
· Strong team player
· Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk
· Investigative mindset, able to see issues at both a high-level and in detail
· Basic understanding of Fixed Income, FX, Equity for both cash and derivatives space
· Fluency in English and Japanese
· Basic computer literacy and competency