About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.3 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries.
Under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands the firm is a leader in investment banking, consumer financial services, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity.
About the team
You will be part of the Markets Execution Technology organization which is responsible for delivering Research, pre-trade Analytics, pricing and structuring, execution and post trade functions supporting the business.
The group is divided into small, highly motivated, agile teams. Software deliveries are typically frequent and the team members are expected to be multi-disciplined and flexible in their approach, working in all areas of the solution space.
The candidate will be part of the Data Analytics platform team and participate in setting up an efficient calculation engine using J2EE, object oriented programming, big data technologies and a client server architecture for the Research business. You’ll be a key member in the application design and development of the distributed compute cluster, web server and database setup, and accessory scripts and processes. Development will include logical data modelling, setting up a cluster, partitioning, ingestion of real time streaming feeds and an interface to allow 100’s of simultaneous interactive web requests. Sub second responses are expected. The team will develop solutions with both on-the-fly analytic calculations and pre-computed analytics efficiently stored for quick reads. The platform will ingest streaming and stored content, and store both raw and computed content. Compute will include aggregations, filtering, bespoke analytic calculations across bonds and indices spanning 30 years of historic data. There is a lot of interaction with the Research strategists and other front office teams in the IB. This role will be based in New York.
• An individual with strong analytic mind and an ability to grasp broad business requirements
• Adept at moving across programming languages and operating systems
• Excellent at problem solving
• Self-motivated and able to multi-task
• Able to work in a global team environment
• 7+ years of Java Experience
• 3+ years of experience in Big Data technologies
• Experience setting up and maintaining distributed clusters
• Experience implementing distributed and scalable algorithms (Spark, Hadoop)
• Experience with Cassandra, Spark, HDFS, Impala, HBASE, Kafka. Vertica a plus.
o Proficiency in Avro, Parquet, JSON Formats.
o Hands on programming experience with YARN/Spark using Java/Scala
o Experience with Map Reduce
o Experience with stream processing
o Experience developing optimum strategies for distributing data over a cluster
o Demonstrate strong interest in process automation and orchestration.
o Very good understanding of relational as well as columnar databases
o SQL application development
• Experience developing object-oriented applications in Java
• Experience developing on web technologies (Apache/Tomcat)
• Experience in working with streaming data and time-series analytics
• Experience working with different caching strategies
• Experience working in development teams using agile techniques
• BA or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.