Java/J2E/HTML5 Application Developer Lead:
Job Title: Applications developer Lead - VP
Primary Location: Mumbai, India
Organization: Macro Research- Corporate Investment Bank (CIB)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
We’re looking for an Application developer lead to join a fast-paced, high-energy diversified team that work on multiple research analytic tech projects with multiple technologies. The projects span F&O research, FX research, Rates research, High Grade/High Yield Credit research.
1. Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance for design and implementation of software system enhancements
2. Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies
3. Identify efficiencies and ways to improve design and development processes
4. Review business requirements/functional specifications requirements and provide oversight and guidance on proposed technology solutions
5. Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all businesses across Technology and among technology team members.
6. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
7. Work effectively within collaborative team to identify and resolve issues
8. Design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug and document in solving business problems for one or more business areas
· 8+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on application development, demonstrated experience with applications development throughout the entire development lifecycle
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Ability to work on multiple projects and manage many priorities
· Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
· Confident and assertive having the ability to work across various teams to extract information
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Ability to absorb problems & present creative solutions within required timeframes
· Must be able to demonstrate significant relevant work experience, or had experience of several major technology implementation projects
· Demonstrated experience working with, and across, multiple teams in a global organization
· Be self-driven, ability to work independently or with multiple teams
· Good leadership skills
2. Strong SQL development and tuning skills.
3. Spring framework, Hibernate framework, MVC Framework
4. Experience in developing applications with HTML5 would be an advantage
6. Strong in Oracle PL/SQL development and designing data model.
7. Apache, Tomcat, Maven
8. XML, Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
9. SQL performance tuning, web application performance analysis and tuning, analyzing performance metrics
10. Debugging skills – Java, web app and SQL debugging
11. Defensive Programming e.g. prevention of cross-script attack, sql injection etc
12. Experience with working on multi clustered Cassandra implementation
1. Experience in developing end to end solutions involving UI, server and DB.
2. Experience in database tuning
3. Experience of data/information architecture would be an advantage
4. Agile development experience
5. Knowledge of Financial services
6. Basic Unix experience
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.