JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Legal Department Description:
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation. The department also includes the Office of the Secretary.
Legal is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organization of the Firm's lines of business (LOBs) and corporate staff areas, allowing the legal staff to work closely with specific groups on a daily basis. Each line of business has an LOB General Counsel, who is the Practice Group Head and who reports to the Firm's General Counsel. This structure provides the means for the legal teams to communicate legal and regulatory changes to the businesses and staff areas, and for the LOBs and staff areas to communicate business developments that have legal or regulatory implications to the legal teams in a timely manner.
Legal COO Function Description:
The Legal COO helps attorneys make the best use of their time by providing centralized services and tools to i) develop professional skills, ii) manage projects and achieve business objectives, iii) optimize processes and technology, and iv) engage and connect employees. Further, the Legal COO helps the Legal Management Team establish and execute the department’s objectives by driving and supporting initiatives to i) implement firmwide standards and governance, ii) provide financial discipline and risk controls, iii) guide the people agenda and iv) drive best practices.
Legal Practices Group Description:
The Legal Practices Group is part of the Legal COO function. Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with Legal staff to define, document and redesign policies and procedures; conduct benchmark studies, identify gaps in processes, and monitor action plans
- Managing Legal applications, including coordination with Legal Technology, defect tracking, enhancement prioritization, business requirements, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and data governance
- Providing operational support across Legal, including real estate management, support for key applications, intranet management, end-user technology management, legal research, publication subscription management, SharePoint development and maintenance, employee on-boarding and off-boarding
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Legal Practices Utilities Group by supporting the overall management of the newly created Concierge Services desk throughout the phases of 1) development of Concierge Desk processes and procedures, 2) execution of a Pilot program, 3) assisting the recruitment of desk coordinators
- Develop and execute procedures and processes to continually enhance the implementation of the expanding Concierge Desk service portfolio (iManage, Passport – Matter Management, Spend – Matter Management, etc)
- Work with other Concierge team members on day-to-day support and coordination across Practice Groups, with existing central teams (e.g., Legal Technology, Global Technology, Legal Information Systems) and external stakeholders
- Lead and contribute to the roll-out of workflow / process changes to the Concierge Service desk as well as assisting Product Management Teams to identify, document, and build in lessons learned into the overall support model
- Define and track concierge Desk performance against Service Level Agreements for ticket response and resolution time
- Manage timelines, anticipate bottlenecks and proactively manage on time and in quality delivery of milestones
- Work closely with Product Management teams to develop and refine recommended solutions
- Positively and creatively influence needed department change; help others to adapt to change
- Work with other Concierge team members to:
- Address general inquiries on usage and “how tos” for the system, as escalated through Button tickets
- Provide how to and instructional guidance to attorneys
- Retrieve a document that was inadvertently deleted from iManage
- Solve business-side support requests
- Troubleshooting iManage issues
- Active content management; review workspace creation and usage reports to identify duplicates, errors, and other non-compliant activities
- Enforce frameworks defined in the iManage Process Guidelines
- Collection and curation of content for the Virtual Records Room, a centralized repository that houses information applicable and useful for all of Legal
- White-glove workspace creation
- Using iManage to create custom folders as per user request
- Running reports that are pre-built in the application and distributing them to a pre-defined list of users
- Partner with Legal Technology to manage application breaks and defects and conduct root cause analysis, as assigned.
- Experience supporting Autonomy FileSite V8 or V9 (iManage) in a corporate law department or law firm (global presence a plus)
- Experience in law firm, corporate law, corporate finance, or other professional services department
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Proficiency/experience in Microsoft (including Word, Project, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of basic document management technology
- Detail-oriented; adherence to the highest standards of accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be flexible with work assignments.
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in business, technology, communications, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of document management experience (FileSite) a plus.
- Prior system support, system implementation, or project management experience with FileSite a plus.