JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Wholesale Credit Analytics and Solutions team (WCAS) provides excellent exposure to any candidate interested in Credit Risk Management. The group is responsible for implementing key credit risk practices and ensuring consistency in methodologies across the Wholesale lines of business, including the Investment Bank (CIB), Commercial Bank (CB), Asset Management (AM), Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) and other Wholesale business units. WCAS has strong partnerships across all Wholesale lines of business and critical corporate functions. The team works closely with key stakeholders in Credit Risk Management, Model Research and Development, Model Review, Finance, Regulatory Capital Management Office, External Reporting, Wholesale Loan Operations and Corporate Technology.
WCAS’ areas of responsibility include the development of the firm's authoritative wholesale credit risk parameter data set, management of the ALLL and reserving process, risk grading methodology and governance, TCP stress testing (CCAR, DFAST, ICAAP and Risk Appetite), Basel RWA for TCP, economic credit capital modeling, and the design and implementation of credit risk solutions and applications to the Wholesale lines of business.
WCAS’ product development team is responsible for conceptualizing and designing new products, reengineering existing products and business processes to achieve business efficiencies and enable enhanced data collection and controls across the firms wholesale business units. The team is responsible for defining the Wholesale Credit Risk target state, product vision and strategic delivery plan. WCAS partners closely with Corporate Technology and the Wholesale lines of business to lead the delivery and implementation of these strategic applications and business process improvements.
The team is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to take on responsibilities as an associated business analyst for the firm’s Wholesale client financial program. WCAS is sponsoring the Wholesale financials program with the primary objectives:
- Establish an authoritative data repository for financial data across all Wholesale business units, clients and related entities.
- Develop robust spreading functionality in iCRD to provide a unified spreading solution for all Wholesale business units.
- Automate the distribution of financial data to all use cases, iCRD credit risk applications and streamline the delivery of high-quality client financial data to consumers outside of CRI.
- Shift financial spreading activities from catalyst driven exercise to a business-as-usual process.
- Leverage credit support organizations and offshore centers of excellence to increase efficiency to the financial spreading process.
- Implement an effective governance structure for managing Wholesale client financial data.
The Business Analyst will support a senior lead Business Analyst and should expect to perform the following core activities:
- Prepare and develop materials used in working groups with broad representation of stakeholders across the Wholesale LOBs.
Perform analysis and document the current state of the credit risk management lifecycle across the wholesale business units in an effort to identify improvement opportunities.
- Document business requirements and enhancements to Wholesale credit risk management products and processes
- Analyze business requirements and develop detailed specifications/user stories with the collaboration of business and technology teams.
Participate and support product acceptance testing, product roll-out and training.
- Develop the necessary supporting artifacts for optimal adoption of WCAS designed products and business processes, including standards, guidelines and training documents.
- Work with the development team to ensure build team understands the specifications, and partner with the business to obtain sign-off on all requirements, testing and implementation.
The role requires experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Business analysis, including 3-7 years of business analysis experience, creating business requirements documents and/or functional specifications.
- Preferred experience in credit risk management.
- Preferred experience with software development and/or product development lifecycle.
- Preferred experience analyzing credit data, technology products and business processes.