JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Compliance Function
With a diverse team of Compliance professionals supporting all areas of our business around the globe, the team is working diligently to be innovative and present all business partners with thoughtful and unique solutions to the challenges they face. The Compliance function has a robust set of priorities in place focused on best practice and employee development to ensure goals are delivered.
The position is part of the firm’s EMEA Compliance Testing Team – GFCC & GACC which is part of the firm’s second line of defense for AML, Sanctions, and ABC. This position will be responsible for assisting with the performance of testing of the AML, Sanctions, and/or ABC programs across all lines of business. The reviews may be international in scope. The successful candidate must have the ability to prioritize / manage time, and to quickly learn about assigned topics.
This position is responsible for leading and participating in GFCC & GACC EMEA-focused reviews and reports to the EMEA GFCC & GACC Test Manager. This position leads and conducts reviews to assess the design and effectiveness of the firm’s AML, Sanctions, and/or ABC program controls and processes for compliance with applicable regulations and adherence to relevant corporate policies, procedures, and processes.
This work includes completing timely and appropriately scoped reviews pursuant to the established schedule; assessing data samples when necessary to determine if practices adhere to applicable AML/Corruption/OFAC Sanctions laws, regulations and regulatory expectations; discussing findings with management; and documenting findings in written reports and work-papers. This position will assist the EMEA GFCC & GACC Test Manager with implementing the EMEA-focused GFCC & GACC testing plan in accordance with the firm’s standards.
- Manage a portfolio of GFCC &GACC related reviews to determine if business processes, procedures, and controls are designed appropriately and operating effectively
- For assigned reviews, conduct the scoping, execution and documentation of properly designed compliance tests using appropriate sampling methods and testing processes
- Identify potential concerns and control issues, determine the root cause of issues and ensure stakeholders develop and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Review for content and quality all testing documentation
- Conduct on-going compliance monitoring activities and participate in special projects as required
- Establish collaborative working relationships with GFCC & GACC team members globally;
- Participate in assigned GFCC & GACC working groups
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Extensive relevant Compliance experience or other related experience such as risk management, audit, or similar control-related experience / Experience with the EMEA regulatory environment
- Area of Expertise – Demonstrable, in-depth knowledge of AML, OFAC and other AML regulatory requirements and standards applicable to a global financial services firm / Knowledge of wholesale and consumer banking businesses and related products including investment management, treasury services, and correspondent banking businesses
- Flexibility / Initiative – Self-starter, capable of working under minimum supervision with ability to manage multiple requests for information and handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Problem solving skills – the candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify key issues, obtain appropriate information for further analysis, and develop actionable recommendations
- Analytical skills – the candidate must be highly analytical with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing information on various subjects
- Project management skills – Able to manage multiple workstreams involving multiple partners and groups and be able to make decisions autonomously; Adept to multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Communications skills – the candidate must possess excellent written and oral executive-level communications skills
- Client management skills – the candidate must demonstrate the ability to closely partner with senior and line managers and other stakeholders on regulatory engagements
- Teamwork skills – the candidate must be flexible in his/her work style and be able to work appropriately with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Computing skills – Strong PC Skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools
- BA/BS/BBA degree required
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Experience in case based work: investigations, alert disposition, and/or SAR writing
- Experience in internal audit, operational risk management, or other control function
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Global (EMEA and Americas) regulatory environment
- Financial Services Regulatory experience
- Relevant AML/OFAC certifications a plus
- Language skills preferred
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.