JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment & Corporate Banking; Financial Services for consumers, small business and commercial banking; financial transaction processing; asset management and private equity.
The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with independent assurance that internal controls are operating effectively. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) and their support functions to achieve its mission through a comprehensive audit program. The department is respected throughout the firm for the caliber of the staff and their ability to add value beyond the audit opinion. The Global Audit Department has in excess of 1,000 auditors.
The APAC audit team is based in 11 locations where JPM operates in within region, i.e. Hong Kong, China, Japan, Singapore, Korea, India, Indonesia, Australia, Malaysia, Taiwan and Philippines. Key business units operating in APAC are Corporate and Investment Bank, Asset Management, and Commercial Bank.
The Risk Management Audit Team is primarily responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the firm's risk organization (Market, Credit, Operational, Model, Fiduciary, Reputational, Risk Reporting, and Legal Entity Risk Management, among others), as well as Valuation controls within the Finance organisation. This is achieved through a comprehensive program of audit coverage that is executed by a local and global team of business and technology auditors.
The Auditor position based in Mumbai within the APAC Risk Audit Team, partnering closely with the Global Risk Team and line of business and functional audit teams. The Risk Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the firm's risk organization. Primary areas of focus will include Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Risk Reporting, and Legal Entity Risk Management activities both in region and globally, as well as Valuation Risk within the Finance organization. The candidate will be expected to perform the following:
• Lead key aspects of audit activities including audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting, work paper documentation and follow up and verification of issue closure. Audit activities supported will be a combination local, region and global executed controls.
• Maintain relationships with and provide proactive control-related advice to senior business stakeholders within Risk.
• Work closely with colleagues, clients and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls. This is conducted in accordance with department and professional standards and will require the presentation of root cause analysis to senior client management.
• Work collaboratively with line of business and risk management auditors in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them to line of business and audit management.
• Perform monitoring of periodic key risk indicators to identify patterns and trends with risk and control implications.
• Partner with other groups within Audit (Global Risk Audit team, Location auditors, Credit Review, Corporate and Investment Bank, Asset Management, Technology, etc.) to ensure the delivery of a seamless program of audit coverage across JPMorgan Chase.
• Stay up to date with evolving regulatory, industry and market events impacting the firm's risk organization, particularly those unique to the region.
• Some travel will be required.
The Auditor must be a highly motivated, mature and experienced professional who possesses strong leadership skills and presence, and a working knowledge of the operational and control risks which exist in these risk functions and businesses. This individual should possess strong communication skills, be a strong team player, able to multi-task and audit remotely, think independently and challenge the status quo, demonstrate project management skills and work under pressure in a dynamic business environment.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
• Minimum 5 years experience in a financial services firm, with an audit or risk/control background, experience of and exposure to Market, Valuation, Liquidity, Credit, Operational Risk and / or Risk Reporting.
• Ability to lead audits and execute audit work remotely, work effectively within a matrix organization, manage multiple projects and participate in audit assignments in a team environment.
• Proficiency in risk assessment, issue/impact analysis and executive report preparation.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure
• Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.