J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Corporate & Investment Bank – Data Engineering group is the central technology organization that is responsible for enabling and enforcing superior Data Management and analytical technology across JP Morgan’s Corporate, Investment Management & Banking businesses. As part of this function, we provide oversight for all technology projects to ensure excellent planning, design, execution and delivery; provide enterprise-level development resources for shared applications and services; and are responsible for advising JP Morgan’s management about the technology landscape. We provide oversight in various forms – from program/project management oversight to development and quality assurance to general architectural guidance.
The Java / Big Data Developer is responsible for design and development of core platform that enables the delivery and construction processes for the Data Management, Data Discovery and Analytics group, leveraging emerging big data technologies. The individual is a subject matter expert technologist with strong Java experience and very knowledgeable with utilization and integration of Open Source software. The individual has deep understanding and application of enterprise software design for implementation of data services and middleware. This is a have been there, done that technologist who thrives on driving efforts to completion while utilizing best in breed technologies and methodologies. The individual should also function as a Solution Architect, must be a visionary, and execution driven. The individual must have successful experience in Big Data implementations for large data integration initiatives.
Day-to-day activities will vary widely based on the state of the organization’s priorities and needs at that point in time. As such, this individual must be comfortable with flexibility in their role. They must be able to operate in a relaxed, yet confident manner, without explicit hierarchy and structure governing work. An affinity towards, and appreciation of, an influence-based and entrepreneurial culture is critical for success.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Component Software Design & Development.
- Ensuring excellent practices are utilized in delivering Big Data Management and Integration Solutions.
- Ensuring design decisions can be actioned by the development team.
- Participating in agile development projects.
- Acting as a role model for all best practices, ensuring consistency across entire team.
- Mentoring technical development team on optimal utilization of Big Data solutions and Apache Open Source Software.
- Helping build a great team.
- Leveraging new and emerging practices for Enterprise Data Architecture.
- Engage in enterprise-level systems component design and implementation.
- Systems integration, including design and development of APIs, Adapters, and Connectors.
- Integration with Hadoop/HDFS, Real-Time Systems, Data Warehouses, and Analytics solutions.
- Write and maintain reference architectures and systems design ‘best practices’ guidelines.