JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of
$2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial
services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction
processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average,
JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the
world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan
and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology
support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate
Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the
Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). The Risk Quantitative Development group has responsibility for implementation of Retail financial models in credit, collections, fraud, and regulatory reporting, as well as providing firm-wide model governance systems, and analytical environments for business analysts and model developers.
We are looking for an accomplished individual, with a very strong background in quantitative computing, to lead the implementation of our next generation of real time systems for preventing fraud in real time financial transactions, using big data techniques . This role will work closely with financial modelers in JPMC’s Consumer and Community Banking businesses, and manage a team of quantitative software developers to implement these models using state-of-the-art cloud and big data technologies. In addition to technical skills, excellent communications and project management skills are essential.
Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leadership and project management of software development teams in US and India, using Agile methodology.
Design, development, testing, and production implementation of cost-effective, highly reliable software systems for efficient numerical estimation of loss forecasting for very large portfolios of credit card accounts.
- Communication and coordination with business modelers and management, as well as technologists and technology management.
- Advanced degree in engineering, finance, or other quantitative discipline, with doctorate preferred.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years leading an Agile software development team in a corporate environment, either in finance or another regulated industry.
- Very strong expertise in computer programming, applied mathematics, statistics, and data analysis.
- Experience with quantitative programming, with focus on simulation, including Monte Carlo techniques and parallel processing.
- Expertise in data gathering, cleaning, and analysis.
- Highly skilled in concise and graphical presentation of numerical information.
Highly preferred qualifications:
Experience implementing cloud-based systems.
Experience using SQL for data extraction and transformation.
Experience with big data technologies, including Hadoop and Spark.
Experience with GPU computing.
- Understanding of Basel regulatory framework for banks.
Experience with retail banking regulatory reporting.
- Familiarity with financial markets theory and practice.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Superb problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to identify and prioritize key tasks and drive them to resolution.
- Excellent communication skills; must be comfortable interacting across organizational and hierarchical lines.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and to adapt quickly to unexpected change.