About J.P. Morgan: J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the
best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold
leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right
thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world
– and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Domain: We are part of Risk & Finance Technology Line of Business. Our group is responsible for providing risk
measurement and reporting services for the firm. We measure market risk, credit risk and other aspects of financial risk,
provide stress-testing services for the firm’s trading portfolios and produce risk metrics that are used across front office,
middle office, and several senior managers across the firm. In addition, the group is also responsible for providing finance
support for the entire firm.
About the team: The Business Process Management (BPM) team is responsible for supporting business process flow
management across all of Risk Technology. The team designs Process Flow Control (PFC) frameworks that are leveraged
by other application teams to orchestrate their processes and to manage cross-application dependencies. The team also
provides monitoring and alerting solutions to Operate to manage the business processes effectively. The team has a very
strong presence of Java/J2EE experts based in India and US.
The role is for a Senior Java/BPM/Web Developer who will implement robust Business Process Management (BPM) software
solutions for Risk Technology. You will be responsible for working with the global partners in understanding the business
requirements, gathering technical requirements, designing the Business Flow and the application architecture on which
the flow will run. You will implement the solution and coordinate and execute QA and UAT testing with multiple upstream
and downstream component application teams. You will have the opportunity to contribute directly to the re-engineering
of legacy frameworks and be involved in the migration of existing business processes flows onto the new strategic
platform. BPM is a foundational platform for Risk Technology managing complex end-to-end process flows, hence
it is very critical that the individual be very technically sound and be able to design and implement solutions that are
innovative, robust, and flexible to address evolving complex business needs.
- Design and implement very robust Business Process Management/Orchestration solutions using enterprise technologies
- Interface with business and technology stakeholders from across the globe in understanding their process requirements
and implementing solutions.
- Gather technical requirements and design Business Flows to address Business needs, vet designs with BPM Architects
and other Application Teams impacted by the deliverable.
- Understand existing architecture and help the team to migrate legacy codebase onto a new strategic platform.
- Develop new Web Application to manage, monitor and control the Workflows in production. The Web app will be
tailored to server the needs of various user groups – Operate, Operations, Project Managers, other AD and Test Teams.
Re-engineer existing Flex-Based web application, and implement a replacement using the latest web standards and
- Lead discussions with multiple application teams to understand cross-application dependencies, align delivery timelines,
and create robust test plans.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in designing and developing complex Java/J2EE enterprise applications in medium to
large scale IT Projects.
- Very strong design and hands-on coding experience with proven ability to deliver solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, which are critical to interfacing with stakeholders across NA/
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write technical requirements and design documentation, supplemented with architecture/component diagrams.
- Very strong Core JAVA and J2EE, JMS, XML.
- Strong Oracle SQL and PL/SQL programming skills.
- Good understanding of relational databases (tables, views, constraints, indexes etc).
- Adobe Flex experience is a big plus.
- Experience with Rest Services, Spring Boot/ Spring MVC
Desired Experience / Skills:
- Experience on Oracle BPM 10G or Aqualogic BPM(FUEGO) technology is a big plus.
- Groovy, Messaging Platforms, AutoSys, Shell Scripting.
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Performance Tuning.
- Experience with Credit and Market Risk Management methodologies and concepts.
- Knowledge of financial products such as securities, credit products and derivatives.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.