About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Rates Production Management team is responsible for the reliability and resiliency of the Rates application stack. Our team interacts directly with Front Office traders and our partners in Application Development and Global Infrastructure teams. The Rates business relies heavily on our software for eTrading with clients, meeting the lending demands of governments and for all other aspects for their business. Our team is in the thick of it, ensuring the trading platforms are available, that any downtime is swiftly remediated and that we avoid repeat failures. We also focus on automation and tooling, to eliminate unnecessary manual effort and to enhance our monitoring capabilities.
It’s an incredible time for our industry and specifically the Rates business, the eTrading revolution continues and will be at the forefront of it. You will be focused on:
• Owning the relationship between Front Office and technology
• Providing first-line support for mission-critical eTrading (including algorithmic trading), pricing, intraday risk and PnL applications
• Developing specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge with team members and global partners
• Liaising with application development and infrastructure teams targeting on-going development, production activity and release management
• Ownership of major production incidents, working closely with other technology teams in order to resolve business-impacting issues
• Pro-actively improving the quality of systems and service, and increase business value
• Upholding and championing bank and Production Management policies, procedures and standards
• Managing projects through to completion, adhering to project-management best-practices
• Bringing a DevOps mind-set to the entire software development life cycle, building, evolving and operating rapidly-changing resilient systems at scale
Who are we hiring?
We are looking for an outstanding Production Support Engineer with experience working in a fast paced, high pressured environment, ideally within financial services or a large-scale technology firm.
• You have experiencing working within eTrading, Pricing or Risk functions
• You understand the incredibly demanding nature of the trade floor, or you are eager to experience it
• You have a thirst for knowledge and want to expand your technical and business knowledge
• You have experience working with a variety of platforms, including UNIX/Linux
• You understand networking technologies and have an interest in low latency trading
• You are capable of writing SQL queries and understand how relational databases work
• You can script/automate or have a development background
• You can manage demanding clients constantly evolving needs
• You can think quickly and logically under pressure, understand and fix problems in a fact-paced environment
• You understand the principles of ITIL and can use them to effectively protect and govern our production environment
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.