JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across six business segments including Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Treasury & Securities Services, Asset Management, Retail Financial Services and Card Services. The private banking division of J.P Morgan is part of the Asset Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.3 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
A Swiss regulated affiliate of the J.P. Morgan Group of companies, J.P. Morgan (Suisse) SA is a leading provider of private banking and asset management services, employing more than 750 people at both its Geneva headquarters and Zurich branch.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Banking application support analyst to join the Operate team in Geneva.
The Operate team in Geneva provides business and technical support for all major applications used by this user-base. We provide service delivery to many users and systems. The team supports users from our offices in London, New York, Sao Paulo, Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid, Milan, Geneva, Hong Kong & Singapore.
The team uses detailed knowledge of business, business processes and applications to anticipate or respond to any incidents and restore services as fast as possible. Depending on the nature of the problem some tactical development might be required. The role requires attention to detail, an awareness of potential risks, critical timing, and ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines. The team also requires technical knowledge of several technical platforms.
Due to the nature of our global reach, it will be necessary on occasions to work outside the normal local working hours and to provide on call services.
- Provide functional support to Operations, Middle-office and Back-office as an escalation point for Level 1 team - analyze issues, identify solutions and follow up on resolution of issues.
- Take ownership of issues raised by all teams of the bank.
- Writing scripts to detect system problems.
- Handle reengineering projects to reduce the number of incidents.
- Serve our local customers in Geneva and supporting remote locations.
- Detail defect/enhancement solution specifications to found issues.
- Work closely with internal development team and external vendor (Eri Bancaire).
- Liaising with users for change acceptance after researching and diagnosing bugs.
- Provide validation checks and confirmations of system changes.
- Proven experience in business support or project role using ERI Bancaire Olympic packages A or F
- Expertise in at least two Olympic modules (Tax, Finance, Cash, Security, Income, etc.).
- Good knowledge of the following technologies: COBOL, RPGILE, SQL.
- Good command of IBM AS400 / i Series systems.
- Exposure to following is an asset: SWIFT, DAC, Turnover, Unix.
- Awareness and exposure to change management methodologies and best practices.
- Awareness and exposure to systems development practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Banking products.
- Experience working within a service delivery function (product support, help desk, post implementation support for projects).
- Experience handling multiple requests and queries at the same time.
- Continued dedication to providing best of class service at all times.
- Communication skills, analytical skills and validation skills.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy.
- Good command of English, team player and leadership skills.
- Use of good judgment - customer orientation.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.